The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Improvement

Nolla

I have been playing for a long time and have all the warframes. I'm not currently revisiting many of my old warframes and have started to note improvments that could be made to them to enhance their abilities. Nyx is my current warframe that im leveling.

1) If you control an enemy via either "Mind Control" or "Chaos" then the enemy should ignore any real tenno and only attack each other, therefore ignoring the caster and fellow tenno.

2) "Chaos" - if all enemies are destroyed that you control then release control back to the caster so the ability can be cast again, therefore we dont have to wait for the timer to reach zero - before we can cast again.

3) "Absorb" - this power when activated should act like "Bullet Attractor" and draw in surrounding enemy weapons fire adding to the resulting damage. As this is a long casting time it would make sense.

Comments fellow tenno?

-Nolla

I am an avid Nyx player, she was my third frame.

1) I have never seen (up until my last match with nyx this morning) a midn contorlled enemy attack a tenno untill the ability ends. Chaos does nto contorl the enemy only make them unable to tell friend from foe. Enemies under the effect of chaos have a raised threat levle so they are priority targets but a tenno who is closer than them or attacks them first may become a target anyway so the trick is dont get too close and dont be the first one to attack if you can't one shot them(I use lanka, vectis, glaive etc).

2) The ability does end early if all enemies under its effect are killed, sometimes I have seen see enemies run and that will prevent the timer resetting. This is also how mind control works.

3) Absorb could use a small buff to the range it absorbs damage form to make it more viable for completely protecting a crypod or teammates in a pinch but I think its works wonderful as is. Apart from leaving portions of the pod exposed no matter how close you hug it I have no problems with it. I should mention I usually use djinn with Nyx.

Also if you suit Shade sentinel, his ability that the warframe becomes invisible shouldn't not be enabled when you use Absord.

I disagree, no other ability cancels shade's cloak and I think this would be setting a dangerous precedent.

I would also like the option to abort Chaos. So many times I had a horde of enemies rushing in while I'm not able to cast Chaos again, because a lousy ceiling turret or security camera was still under this spell.

Hmm I can see where that would be a problem, It would also be nice if you could abort mind control or switch your targets before it ends.

I have been playing for a long time and have all the warframes. I'm not currently revisiting many of my old warframes and have started to note improvments that could be made to them to enhance their abilities. Nyx is my current warframe that im leveling.

1) If you control an enemy via either "Mind Control" or "Chaos" then the enemy should ignore any real tenno and only attack each other, therefore ignoring the caster and fellow tenno.

2) "Chaos" - if all enemies are destroyed that you control then release control back to the caster so the ability can be cast again, therefore we dont have to wait for the timer to reach zero - before we can cast again.

3) "Absorb" - this power when activated should act like "Bullet Attractor" and draw in surrounding enemy weapons fire adding to the resulting damage. As this is a long casting time it would make sense.

Comments fellow tenno?

-Nolla

Just a few corrections:

1) Mind Controlled enemies do not attack Tenno, but Choas-ed ones do. As you pointed out, I would like the Chaos-ed ones not to attack Tenno. If Nyx can invade people's mind, I find it plausible that she can insert the command in enemies heads never to attack Tenno (like Mind Control does).

2) Actually this already happens. If there are no enemies in range when you Chaos, or all enemies die before timer runs out, it resets and allows you to Chaos again.

3) I like this, but even before they implement this, I would like to see a controlled Absorb, one that we can abort by pressing 4 again (maybe the current coding doesn't allow for it, but some sort of abort would do wonders). This becomes apparent in Grineer and Corpus maps where they run away to take cover, and you know your Absorb won't do anything, but you still waste time hanging.

Looks like FigsAndMice beat me to everything I was going to say in direct response to your points.

In my opinion Nyx's weakest point is her Psychic Bolts ability. I'd love to see it out-right replaced with a new ability, or at least modified to make it worth using. The other issue I've had while playing her is that casting mind control seems to call a lot of attention to your target and teammates that don't know what's going on focus their fire on your mind controlled enemy.

If anything, the ability to cancel out of Absorb would be great for those times when your teammates run in and kill everything around you before the explosion goes off.

Edited by MEGASHAFT

I like it when somebody tries to give advices how to change a frame or weapon even before he bothered at least to play it enough to level it to the max.

1) Mind Control works exactly like you described. If we make Chaos works similarly, what will be the point of Mind Control? Abilities 'should' have some weaknesses to not became "god mode".

2) As of now Chaos works exactly like you described.

3) There are mixed reports about Absorb, but as for me, when I go Absorb, every enemy in the vicinity tries to shoot or hit me instead of what they were doing before. As for its range, I think that its fair confine for this ability, doing its usual 20-40K damage over more than 20 meter would be overboard. The only issue I see is its interaction with Shade.

The real problem I can see with Nyx are her Psychic Bolts. They're simply borderline useless.

To sum up: OP, please, pay more attention to frame you're using and there will be no need to ask for things that you already have.

Edited by Khranitel

In my opinion Nyx's weakest point is her Psychic Bolts ability. I'd love to see it out-right replaced with a new ability, or at least modified to make it worth using. The other issue I've had while playing her is that casting mind control seems to call a lot of attention to your target and teammates that don't know what's going on focus their fire on your mind controlled enemy.

The real problem I can see with Nyx are her Psychic Bolts. They're simply borderline useless.

agreed

Edited by Keiiken

Comments fellow tenno?

-Nolla

I am mastery 12, and Nyx is still my favorite. She was my second frame, and she is even more useful than before. The only thing that need changing is psychic bolts, they just suck.

Also if you suit Shade sentinel, his ability that the warframe becomes invisible shouldn't not be enabled when you use Absord.

1: Make sense please. 2: Using shade with nyx was already fixed.

Hmm I can see where that would be a problem, It would also be nice if you could abort mind control or switch your targets before it ends.

Using Fleeting Expertise fixes this problem. I have fleeting and constitution equiped, and my chaos lasts 17 seconds.