Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Loadouts

Aktriaz

One day I was checking around the wiki, when I realized sooooo many faction themed weapons are only used by Tenno... so I got an Idea.

What if, basic enemy units had RNG'd weapons? Like one Corpus Crewman had a Dera, and the one sitting next to him had a Tetra? Or Grineer Lancers having either Karaks or Grakatas? I think it would add more variety to the danger you will face, like a Elite Crewman with a Penta, or a Evicerator with a Drakgoon, or a Ballista with a Grinlok, the list goes on. (I would also buff Elite Lancers to the "Elite Crewman" level, making them a semi-special unit, rather than standard, to make them an equivalent to their Corpus counter-part.) This is a way to use these resources that DE has created, but have lacked in usage because they don't match up to your Omni-potent Somas.

TL;DR (If you're really REALLY lazy) Make certain enemies have selectively-random weapons, like a Crewman having a equal chance for either a Dera or Tetra as a weapon.

how is this any different from what we have now? aside from making it harder to access the threat level of enemies?

it makes more sense to just add different units with different weapons, rather than to add weapons to existing units

so DE doesn't have to make new models and textures for each new enemy type, and enemies become more diversified. (Like the "standard issue" Karak is actually used by more than just Frontier Lancers.)

I actually support this. IRL, squads of soldiers are often given the same rifle, but some members of the squad are given larger support weapons (LMG), or precise marksman rifles (DMR).

Move this along a couple thousand years into the future, I could definitely see variations on the standard outfit in a single squad.

Granted, we do see that in the game with the different units (leaders, heavies, drones, etc.), but considering how much more mercenary the enemies are, variations in load out wouldn't go too much against lore or even gameplay.

+1, OP

I think they should give a better variety of the loadout of the soldiers, average soldiers. Giving crewmen Tetras and lancers Karaks would make it seem realistic, after all they invented the weapons, why wouldn't they use them.

Make them not have "upgraded" weapons.

Karak    - Hind     - Grakata    - Strun               - Viper    - Bronco   for the low-to-medium level grineer enemies

Gorgan - Grinlok - Sobek       - Twin Gremlins - Kraken - Marelok for the medium-to-high level grineer enemies

Gorgan - Ogris    - Drakgoon - Vulkar              - Seer     - Brakk     for the highest level grineer enemies

Dera        - Braton - Tetra - Spectra for the low-to-medium level corpus enemies

Flux Rifle - Lanka  - Cestra for the medium-to-high level corpus enemies

Supra      - Penta  - Detron - Dual Cestras for the highest level corpus enemies

If anyone has noticed, I've not input melee, that's because it could actually be randomized completely.

A second note is that the grineer have a TON of more weapons than the corpus, this should be changed.

how is this any different from what we have now? aside from making it harder to access the threat level of enemies?

it makes more sense to just add different units with different weapons, rather than to add weapons to existing units

It could work if it's done within reason. Obviously if you're going to give a Crewman a Penta you should make him more distinct or make him an entirely separate unit so that way you know which enemy to prioritize, but there's no harm in making some Crewman spawn with a Tetra rather than a Dera.

So I support this (mostly).

Its an interesting concept but, I like knowing what they have. But this also means 4 grineer could spawn with ogris or  penta for the corpus. But thats not my main concern, I just like the structered form as it currently is.

"Make certain enemies have selectively-random weapons"

I'm not saying Lancers should have the chance to be given an Ogris, I'm saying Selectively random, as in a lancer having either a Hind, Karak, or Grakata, or a Trooper getting either Sobek or Strun, or a Ballista getting Grinlok or Vulkar. Special units like Commanders or Eviscerators would be given the scary weapons, like Drakgoon, Marelok and Brakk.

Not being flexible to change is hard, especially on a game like Warframe, which is going to change ALOT, whether you like it or not. Just keep an open mind, this isn't that big of a change, it's just using the resources DE made to diversify enemies without having to create new enemy types.

Edited by Actriaz