Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infusion Mods

Instinction

So I had a thought on some other "generic mods" and since Design Council already closed the idea submission I thought I'd post my idea here since I think they're truly worthy of consideration.

Infusion mods are basically infusing your skills with a elemental/damage type, without combing with the elemental/damage type your skill already does.

Also these Infusion mods wouldn't take up another mod slot. Instead they would stack on top of the skill you want to infuse (still seperate cards though, just on the same slot) and just make that skill cost more mod space, instead of taking up a whole nother slot. That way one Infusion mod wouldnt affect every ability, just the one you want it to effect, making for more versatile builds.

You ever thought your Nyx would be perfect if you could add a toxic dot to her Chaos, or your Ember more viable if she had a little bit more fire damage, or your Banshee more blasty if you could add some impact damage to her soundquake for some greater knockback/knockdown, or heck why not add some slash damage to your Saryn for maximum hp decimation.

Some of you are going to start flaming about that kinda thing being op, but really, what direct damage skill does any sort of good to mobs past level 40.

This wouldn't make direct damage skills op, it would just make them more useful towards end game baddies.

Anyways, that's just my idea, it maybe could use some tweaking, but I think the base idea is sound.

Edited by Instinction

Imo, that should be Focus stuff rather than mods.

I forgot to add into the op before you responded that these wouldnt take up another mod slot. Instead they would stack on top of the skill you want to infuse (still seperate cards though, just on the same slot) and just make that skill cost more mod space, instead of taking up a whole nother slot. That way one Infusion mod wouldnt affect every ability, just the one you want it to effect, making for more versatile builds.

Edited by Instinction

I forgot to add into the op before you responded that these wouldnt take up another mod slot. Instead they would stack on top of the skill you want to infuse (still seperate cards though, just on the same slot) and just make that skill cost more mod space, instead of taking up a whole nother slot. That way one Infusion mod wouldnt affect every ability, just the one you want it to effect, making for more versatile builds.

This would be ok. Forma solves issues with mod capacity.