Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive(Prime) Improvements

JerZeyCJ

I really like the style of the Glaive weapons, but feel that they really need some improvements made to them. The most obvious of which is more charge damage! Seriously, the main function of these weapons are their charge attacks and they only have 75!? They should be on par/in between the Orthos and Galatine in charge strength. They also need their charge time cut down to more effectively throw them or at least allow you to be immune to stagger while charging. My last suggestion would be to exchange some of the Slash damage for Puncture damage, these things look sharp as hell and have points, why shouldn't they do a bit of Puncture damage? Their regular attacks should also be sped up but keep their low damage.

Granted, Melee 2.0 may come with fixes for the Glaives, but I wanted to make this thread just in case and to get my opinion out there.

I really like the style of the Glaive weapons, but feel that they really need some improvements made to them. The most obvious of which is more charge damage! Seriously, the main function of these weapons are their charge attacks and they only have 75!? They should be on par/in between the Orthos and Galatine in charge strength. They also need their charge time cut down to more effectively throw them or at least allow you to be immune to stagger while charging. My last suggestion would be to exchange some of the Slash damage for Puncture damage, these things look sharp as hell and have points, why shouldn't they do a bit of Puncture damage? Their regular attacks should also be sped up but keep their low damage.

Granted, Melee 2.0 may come with fixes for the Glaives, but I wanted to make this thread just in case and to get my opinion out there.

They aren't as strong as Galatine/Kittie because you can throw them. Also, I think that Kestrel is better, you can knockdown enemies and ragdol bosses to make them fall in the ravine and kill them.

They aren't as strong as Galatine/Kittie because you can throw them. Also, I think that Kestrel is better, you can knockdown enemies and ragdol bosses to make them fall in the ravine and kill them.

But their an entirely charge-based weapon, it doesn't matter how far away you can hit an enemy if it barely does any damage. And I agree, the Kestrel is pretty good as-is, it has its utility(knockback/ragdoll). And the Glaive is supposed to be the opposite, and be a damage dealing thrown weapon, and it isn't too good at that.

or maybe made them work like in Dark Sector? light attack = light trow and charge attack = slow but powerfull and piercing all enemies on the path

People would probably get upset because they would no longer have a CQC option with it. besides, its melee attack animations are kinda cool. That would also make the punch through mod a little superfluous too.

I'm hoping the glaive will definitely be addressed more when melee 2.0 comes about. Surely they're going to have to review the glaive due to its uniqueness.

Hope they'll fix the bugged size too. 

Its size isn't really "bugged" it just shrinks down when you have it stored under you arm to avoid awkwardness. When I first equipped it on my Excalibur on the inventory screen, it didn't shrink down when he put it away and it just looked way too clunky stuck under his arm full-sized. That said, I wonder how our Warframes will hold the glaive when we have it equipped in Melee 2.0?

Edited by JerZeyCJ

Really? I do agree the glavie should be buffed but, more then 200 charge attack ranged weapon with a faster charge time and flight speed? I think giving it 200 damage would be enough, and maybe even slowing the charge time, because it is a ranged melee that should come with a price

Its size isn't really "bugged" it just shrinks down when you have it stored under you arm to avoid awkwardness. When I first equipped it on my Excalibur on the inventory screen, it didn't shrink down when he put it away and it just looked way too clunky stuck under his arm full-sized. That said, I wonder how our Warframes will hold the glaive when we have it equipped in Melee 2.0?

It is bugged.

Go in game and actually play and you'll see it is even smaller. When you throw it and when it is on its way back to you it becomes small - that is not right. The size is bugged.

I personally feel it's fine where it is. It's a ranged weapon that, with the right mods, can punch through targets and ricochet off walls half a dozen times. In addition, with a bit of skill you can get consistent headshots which can add up pretty fast, especially since it hits twice. And all for zero ammo and a short charge time.

That said, a small damage boost wouldn't hurt at all. Right now it does the same amount of charge damage as a Skana.