Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobility Abilities

Pie_mastyr

I think that all frames should have an optional mobility ability, like Excal with his super jump, Zephyr with tailwind, Ash and Loki with teleporting.

some ideas....

Mag: magnetic roller-blades anyone? takes an energy over time when activated and allows infinite wall run, increases overall and running speed

Banshee: stays the same while grounded, but aim-able in 3 dimensions. when used in the air has a kickback effect, so shoot it at the ground to jump up

Frost: freezes the floor under his feet and takes energy over time when activated. When sprinting on the ice, his speed is accelerated up to triple his sprint speed. Ice lingers for 10 seconds, allies are affected, and when enemies first make contact with the ice they fall over.

Ember: jet rush, like a quick step but with fire :P. Propels ember similar to dodge roll and can only be used on the ground or while wall running

Nyx: Hover, travelat sprinting speed with no stamina loss, takes energy over time. Only usable while grounded, sprinting disabled

Nekros: Mount :P, you know where i am going with this.....maybe... actually I'll explain it. summons an shadow creature for a duration that nekros can ride (maybe I am just joking around with this one but it still would be cool)

as for Trinity, Saryn, and Oberon... well i cant really come up with anything so maybe someone else can.

But while I have got you here....

I think mobility in general should be more encouraged as a way to prevent damage. As it stands now, it seems that no matter how fast you are going if an enemy is shooting at you, the only factor taken into account is distance (some enemies use weapons with lower accuracy). I am not saying this as a way to promote rushing but a way to promote parkour skills, this game isn't a cover based shooter and shouldn't be.

One of my most memorable first impressions of this game was the sound of bullets smacking against the wall as i made a daring escape from a boss battle and heading to extraction. I think that with melee 2.0 coming up its the perfect opportunity to develop dodging and mobility mechanics. Dodge roll is pretty awesome looking, the camera movement is spot on, but i cant help but saying that other than the forward roll, they are much too slow for even melee combat. 

I think a quick step is in order, something that while sprinting toward an enemy, can be activated to dodge a barrage of bullets or avoid a quick melee attack.

Another mobility move could be an enemy vault. for example, when you dodge roll into an enemy, you will do either a vault over them, or a slide under them, especially useful for getting the upper hand on powerful melee or bosses.

I am pretty sure i have come up with more ideas but i cannot remember them, I will try to update these if i feel like it.

but leave some ideas, some elaborations and some critiques, I would love to hear em!