The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's World On Fire's New Look. Good/okay/bad?

Hobo42

This thread is about how Ember's World on Fire's ability LOOKS in-game/in-use, not about it's effectiveness or if it should be nerfed, or buffed, or anything like that.

I personally am not a huge fan of the new look it has, with the pillars of fire.

I don't like how I can't tell the range of it like I used to, and I'm not a fan of how a pillar of fire will burst in a random spot if no enemies are close enough, making me think that there is in fact an enemy nearby.

I preferred the older style to this, because I was able to see with the rotating balls of fire around me just how far away my reach was, and when exactly the ability ended, and there were no "false positives" or random spots of fire just appearing when no enemies were near.

Do I think it should be reverted back to the old style? Not exactly. I like improvements and touch ups, I'm glad DE is trying to make things look better!

So what would I like to see DE do about this? I would like if they found a nice combo between the two, or came up with a new style, that was more informative to the user to when the ability is in-use (besides the timer in the corner) and how far my range is. I'm honestly not sure if I even like the pillar of fire in general, perhaps just a small, fancy spot or circle of fire on the ground around the enemies feet?

What do you guys think?

Make the columns of fire burst like it is now (or better, make them burst only on enemies within range), but also make magma-like pattern appear on the floor, indicating how far your WOF reaches. Something like Floor_Lava512.jpg

Edited by Angius

Make the columns of fire burst like it is now (or better, make them burst only on enemies within range), but also make magma-like pattern appear on the floor, indicating how far your WOF reaches. Something like 

[iMAGE REMOVED BY HOBO42 FOR THE SAKE OF SPACE]

I'm pretty sure the original World on Fire used the basic fire texture, just spread across the floor for your range, so you're looking for more of a mix between the new and old with a touch up!

The idea sounds cool, but I'm not sure how it would look in game with stairs, hills, and multilayered areas. I would have to see to be sure.

Agreed 100% with the OP and I think a small! circle of fire on the ground to indicate the range would be nice as well as get rid of the random bursts.

Thanks!

The random bursts and lack of range indication is certainly my biggest problem with the current style.

Having a ring around you to show the range would be more like the old style, and I don't think I would mind that. Although, when they updated it from just a ring to a ring with floating orbs to show the range, I really appreciated the orbs.

I like it how it currently is. To some extent. I would like either the ring or the ground notice as well, but the other aesthetics is fine.

I think those fire pillars only show up when there is no enemies. The enemies combust and explode with a much smaller animation, so the fire pillars is actually good for me to tell me no one is near and to move if I want to spontaneously combust someone else. I am not sure if this is how it actually works though.

I'm definitely a fan of the current version. The spinning ball to indicate the range looked really stupid to me, much like the old Frost Avalanche. If something enters the range, they'll either be hit by the roaring blast of fire erupting from the ground, or they won't. Also, as the devs stated, it's now in line with how the ability actually works, as opposed to just hitting a set number of enemies within a given range that confused some people (as in, not hitting everything all the time within range).

I like it how it currently is. To some extent. I would like either the ring or the ground notice as well, but the other aesthetics is fine.

I think those fire pillars only show up when there is no enemies. The enemies combust and explode with a much smaller animation, so the fire pillars is actually good for me to tell me no one is near and to move if I want to spontaneously combust someone else. I am not sure if this is how it actually works though.

I'm like 90% sure there is a pillar of fire on enemies too. I would check right now, but I'm short on time and can't just yet.

Shouldn't this be in art feedback?

Possibly, I wasn't sure where the line was drawn for art, or what exactly fell into that category.

If it does  belong in the art section, hopefully a mod will come by and move it.

I'm definitely a fan of the current version. The spinning ball to indicate the range looked really stupid to me, much like the old Frost Avalanche. If something enters the range, they'll either be hit by the roaring blast of fire erupting from the ground, or they won't. Also, as the devs stated, it's now in line with how the ability actually works, as opposed to just hitting a set number of enemies within a given range that confused some people (as in, not hitting everything all the time within range).

You're the first person to say they totally like the new one, and you don't like the spinning orb either! Interesting!

And that is true, it does represent how it actual works better, but as I stated in an earlier post (I don't expect you to read them all, just mentioning that I did) I think I would like there to be a less dramatic effect against the enemies.

Are you okay with the random bursts when enemies are not around and not being able to really tell your range though?

You're the first person to say they totally like the new one, and you don't like the spinning orb either! Interesting!

And that is true, it does represent how it actual works better, but as I stated in an earlier post (I don't expect you to read them all, just mentioning that I did) I think I would like there to be a less dramatic effect against the enemies.

Are you okay with the random bursts when enemies are not around and not being able to really tell your range though?

I am actually close to him as well.

As I said before, I love the new one. To me being able to tell the range easily is just a bonus. All the other WarFrames do not give any hint of the range before being used. the only thing is that Ember's ulti can be mobile, so this is why I kind of see a reason behind wanting to tell the range. To be honest I think those 2 spheres that used to spin around were not even the real range. I might be wrong on this, but perhaps they were always at the same distance regardless of any stretch mods.

The random burst are totally fine for me. Even if they not only occur when there are no enemies close, they still tell you that your ability is still active. It also looks amazing.

I am actually close to him as well.

As I said before, I love the new one. To me being able to tell the range easily is just a bonus. All the other WarFrames do not give any hint of the range before being used. the only thing is that Ember's ulti can be mobile, so this is why I kind of see a reason behind wanting to tell the range. To be honest I think those 2 spheres that used to spin around were not even the real range. I might be wrong on this, but perhaps they were always at the same distance regardless of any stretch mods.

The random burst are totally fine for me. Even if they not only occur when there are no enemies close, they still tell you that your ability is still active. It also looks amazing.

I think the orbs were later updated to correlate with the range mods, I think.

I'm surprised you like the random bursts though, that is something we would disagree on, I would perfer some other way of knowing my ability is active.