Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Ps4 Need The Founders Pack?

(PSN)natek_morzy

No. It's exclusive content.

"But we play the same game? can't we all be equal?"

PC players got Warframe before we did and therefore received more content and oppertunities. If you think for one second we deserve the content PC players paid to fund the beginning of Warframe and DE in general you're really missing the idea behind "exclusive content".

"But we support Warframe/DE, too!"

That's not enough. PC supported DE at the start when they needed it most and that's the only reason(that I know of) they offered the pack.

"But what about all of those weapons we can't get???"

Below are the weapons/warframes we are missing. That's only 45,000 mastery xp we are missing out on. And yeah it can be a lot to some people but really all it gives PC players is half a mastery rank above us. That's not bad compared to the amount of time PC had Warframe before we did.

If we add up all of the things we PS4 players can't get

11 X Event Weapons = 33,000 MASTERY XP

1 X Founder's Warframe = 6000

2 X Founder's Weapons = 6000

(note that I am counting what I have right now on PS4 with ver. 12.0.5)

Cheers

Morzy

PS to forum moderators: I'm still new to the forums so I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section.
Edited by (PS4)natek_morzy

I will post something here I posted in another thread.

Prime Access is the Founders Pack with a different name! I'll let you ponder that for a time. Only difference, the items drop in the Void. The game is still in Beta and we are beta testing it. I really like this game so don't take it as a flame. But this post here doesn't add any value on the PS4 forums. We have hard enough time already on PS4. Please do not make them second guess what they are willing to do to please the PS4 commmunity. They said they will be giving us something "Exclusive" on PS4.

Another problem with your post is that once they open the gates to PC players to bring their account to PS4, you will be seeing players with Excalibur prime. So they will have Exclusive content on two platforms.

They will be able to continue playing Warframe on PC with their account, and have all their stuff be on PS4 as well. So if its PC Exclusive, then it should REMAIN on PC!

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

@Pointman_Binga

I'm glad you agree. You'd be surprised how many players on PS4 think otherwise.

@PD_33 I have thought of this and I have to disagree. I think the Prime Access is a giant waste other than the 90-day credit/affinity boosters because everything in the Prime Access is attainable through normal gameplay except the syndana and boosters. Also I don't know if you realize how much the full founders Pack cost but I've seen people claim they spent ~350 euros[$400+ USD] which is a F*** ton more than $140. not only that, I've seen some friends claim the reason they buy it is because it's the best deal for platinum(I don't buy platinum, either).

Prime Access is Founders pack renamed. Thats what it is. A way to fund continuing Beta development. Just because they aren't calling it Founders pack, and making it exclusive. It is what it is.

Also just because you don't like Prime Access, what does have to do with anything? You can like it or you can hate it.  Or you can be indifferent to it. But they are selling it, and people are buying. And $139.95 is a lot of money. It is 1/3 the cost of the console. That is funding the BETA development.

You think it is the $7.95 micro transcactions that most people are doing thats funding it? One time someone buying Prime Access is like 20-30 people buying plat when it is on Sale.

Off topic:

I personally got Prime Access for Misa Sayandana Prime, which glows with your energy color, has really cool physics. And I don't regret it at all. The plat, and credit/affinity booster were just a great bonus.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Morzy, I never said I agreed with you. I guess I kind of do because I've come to terms with the fact that we will never be able to obtain it. I think of it like you went into a dealership and they sold you a car. After you bought the car, you found out that they had a special model of the car available, and they knew you would have wanted it, but they knew you would buy that model and they didn't want any more people to have that model so they stopped selling it right before you came in to buy it. An extreme example, I know.

For me personally, I wouldn't have bought that pack anyway. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on some add-ons for a game. However, I can sympathize with those who would have gladly shelled out the money for it, but never got the opportunity. The problem I see is that, like you said, DE sees both the PC and PS4 as the same game, where clearly it is somewhat catered to the PC side. I've come to terms with it, but there are many out there who haven't/won't/refuse to, and they're not wrong in feeling somewhat slighted. Ultimately, its DE's choice to do whatever they want to. I'm glad they even "brought" it to the PS4 and I love the game, but I know by choosing to play it on the PS4 I'm missing out on the game's full potential 

Morzy, I never said I agreed with you. I guess I kind of do because I've come to terms with the fact that we will never be able to obtain it. I think of it like you went into a dealership and they sold you a car. After you bought the car, you found out that they had a special model of the car available, and they knew you would have wanted it, but they knew you would buy that model and they didn't want any more people to have that model so they stopped selling it right before you came in to buy it. An extreme example, I know.

For me personally, I wouldn't have bought that pack anyway. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on some add-ons for a game. However, I can sympathize with those who would have gladly shelled out the money for it, but never got the opportunity. The problem I see is that, like you said, DE sees both the PC and PS4 as the same game, where clearly it is somewhat catered to the PC side. I've come to terms with it, but there are many out there who haven't/won't/refuse to, and they're not wrong in feeling somewhat slighted. Ultimately, its DE's choice to do whatever they want to. I'm glad they even "brought" it to the PS4 and I love the game, but I know by choosing to play it on the PS4 I'm missing out on the game's full potential 

That is the exact problem most of us have with the whole deal.  And personally, that is a fairly reasonable "real-world" example.

A few months ago, I would've shell'ed out 250 USD for the game's founders pack if they had brought it to the ps4.   Now?  I think I'll spend that money on a year subscription to FF14 - over a year, actually.

As for the from the beginning argument, read this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/185661-founders-discussion-re-ps4-dates/

For the "only 1 rank" thing...

1 rank is very significant.  This is essentially a copy/paste from the other thread minus a few points

1) Some of us make our platinum via trades and each rank gives you one more trade. That is potentially an extra forma each day or more.

2) Some of us like to give new players stuff and 3 items is significant.

3) Some people can't host. 3 keys is fairly significant, especially ODA and T3 keys.

4) PC gets discounted platinum while PS4 players don't.  The only ways we get discounted plat is from these packs and from the occasional PS Store sale-neither of which are even close to the 75% discount that PC players can obtain.

5) This can also mean obtaining certain ranks faster by having more affinity items early on.
Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

Prime Access is Founders pack renamed. Thats what it is. A way to fund continuing Beta development. Just because they aren't calling it Founders pack, and making it exclusive. It is what it is.

Also just because you don't like Prime Access, what does have to do with anything? You can like it or you can hate it.  Or you can be indifferent to it. But they are selling it, and people are buying. And $139.95 is a lot of money. It is 1/3 the cost of the console. That is funding the BETA development.

You think it is the $7.95 micro transcactions that most people are doing thats funding it? One time someone buying Prime Access is like 20-30 people buying plat when it is on Sale.

Off topic:

I personally got Prime Access for Misa Sayandana Prime, which glows with your energy color, has really cool physics. And I don't regret it at all. The plat, and credit/affinity booster were just a great bonus.

You seemed to ignore the part I even tried to highlight. The ONLY thing exclusive in the Prime Access currently is the Syndana and boosters. Whereas the Founders pack had at least two weapons and a warframe. You can get EVERYTHING in Prime Access from normal gameplay as far as weapons/warframes go.

You can see them as a DLC package where they are both on sale for a set amount of time.. but that doesn't mean they're the same with just different names. The ONLY difference between the two is the exclusive items they offer and price(and, of course, the fact that Founders is no longer available).

Please stop referring to the game as Beta though, It has gone passed that stage ..

Since when? They avoid writing "Beta" everywhere because paying money for beta is just insane. But "beta" is such convenient excuse for all the bugs, luck of content, "placeholders" and so on that they don't want to throw it away.

P.s. I don't care. Paying such ridiculous price for unfinished game is just... doesn't make any sense.

I can understand why people are mad that we didnt get the founders pack. But the items you get arent even good, they are just flashy. People who complain non-stop in the forums about not getting Founder Items are in desperate need of an ego-boost. It was a timed-exclusive and we will never get it.

Besides, why would DE give PS4 players the founders pack to calm the forums, when that will just make the PC players cry out even worse for a PC exclusive to replace it?

Edited by (PS4)iString5

because Excalibur is a main character to the game it don't matter if the other frames our better people still like Excalibur on that note why would you play with the normal frame if the prime form of that warframe is out? Codex means everything in it is in the game but Excalibur prime is not.

plus its the same game right? But we don't get the same exclusive like its a different game. 

Yes it is the same game with the same items in the Codex. However PC players have had it for a longer time so it's understandable that we, as late players, miss out on a few things the PC players got. If you still can't accept that then it's your problem.

because Excalibur is a main character to the game it don't matter if the other frames our better people still like Excalibur on that note why would you play with the normal frame if the prime form of that warframe is out? Codex means everything in it is in the game but Excalibur prime is not.

They have already apologized about the fact that our Codex is cluttered with things we cannot obtain. Accept the apology...

Edited by (PS4)natek_morzy

Since when? They avoid writing "Beta" everywhere because paying money for beta is just insane. But "beta" is such convenient excuse for all the bugs, luck of content, "placeholders" and so on that they don't want to throw it away.

P.s. I don't care. Paying such ridiculous price for unfinished game is just... doesn't make any sense.

The moment they introduced trophies it can no longer be considered a Beta, Sony does not allow beta's to have trophies.

I can understand why people are mad that we didnt get the founders pack. But the items you get arent even good, they are just flashy. People who complain non-stop in the forums about not getting Founder Items are in desperate need of an ego-boost. It was a timed-exclusive and we will never get it.

Besides, why would DE give PS4 players the founders pack to calm the forums, when that will just make the PC players cry out even worse for a PC exclusive to replace it?

That isn't the reason many of us are complaining.  It isn't about "not getting flashy stuff" or "ego boosting."  It was the fact that they cut it off right before the PS4 came out knowing that the PS4 version was coming and that it has an in-game effect.  A fairly significant one, I might add.

In all honesty?  If they didn't want to treat PS4 players as equals, they should never have put the game on the PS4.  We are essentially second class citizens of Warframe with how we are treated.

I've played this game a lot. I have almost all the weapons and frame now. And I do have to say this game is still in Beta stage. Look how buggy it is. Has no story just randomized missions with no actual in game goals. When they fix the crashing bugs, and make a coherent story and a deeper end game then, it would be considered somewhat finished.

And it would be nice to develop your character further. And trading is kind of dead right now. Almost noone is buying. Maybe when they introduce Prime trading, there will be something worth doing. But I am not sure what I will do when I get all the stuff I like formad. Hopefully by then they will come out with something for me to do. I am kind of getting bored of this game.

I still like the game, but it is still in Beta. And what does it matter what you call a thing. We are arguing over stupid stuff. Why did you even make this post. This is suggestion forum for DE, not you talking to the players. Should go in off topic.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

@PD_33 I have thought of this and I have to disagree. I think the Prime Access is a giant waste other than the 90-day credit/affinity boosters because everything in the Prime Access is attainable through normal gameplay except the syndana and boosters. Also I don't know if you realize how much the full founders Pack cost but I've seen people claim they spent ~350 euros[$400+ USD] which is a F*** ton more than $140. not only that, I've seen some friends claim the reason they buy it is because it's the best deal for platinum(I don't buy platinum, either).

Will you guys take a look at the quoted guy? LOL

B*tch please, you come here all full of yourself, saying you dont want exclusives when you dont buy sh*t in this game and then proceed to think you have a valid opinion on the matter?

B*tch please, I see a pattern here, the few of you who dont care about it wouldnt have the money to buy one either way, so whats the point of your argument?

You think they make these packages thinking on the people that obviously wont buy them?

Answer : No.

You might as well share your opinion on a diary.

Coming here to say what you DON'T want is a giant waste of time, the addition of a founder's package to the ps4 wouldn't affect you gameplay in any way, unless of course, the fact that people would play as excalibro prime and you wouldn't bothers you.

From any perspective, not only your opinion is extremely biased as it is emotional insightless.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent