Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking 2.0 - Maybe The Corpus Have Thier Own Ciphers? [Wip]

LocasMaxis

So I was hacking an alarm during a solo Salad V run and I happened to notice something odd... The current hacking screen states you're hacking a Grineer cipher. Now I don't mean to knock the Grineer's intelligence, but  I'm pretty sure the corpus should and would have their own cipher systems. So I decided to come up with some ideas for some faction specific ciphers, new ones for the Corpus and also Orokin, and maybe a fresh take on the Grineer one. So pull up a seat and take a look at these puzzling works.

First is the Corpus, who we know from the anti moa parts debacle (They were using grineer discs as part of their anti moa's) hate getting caught using grineer tech. So my idea for the Corpus cipher? Numbers. Corpus love their numbers, especially when it comes to profits, but in this case their encryptions. this cipher uses a roughly 5-8 digit number that the Tenno must decode, sounds complicated, but the lotus is hear to help. So how it works is the player is shown 5-8 number sliders, like those on a brief case or bike lock. They then have to cycle each number till they find the number that flashes, (maybe with a lotus symbol)for each slider until all sliders show the right number. Simple, quick, yet distinguished from the grinner cipher. I'll put a picture below, soon, to better show this.

-

Next is the Orokin, sure they really don't have many hacking opportunities, but it still comes up from time to time. And really, why would they leave all their juicy tech unprotected? Now a solid idea for an Orokin cipher is harder to pin. A colour coded cipher would be interesting, but wouldn't really fit. Where as a symbol based one might fit better, or even a sound based one. I really can't decide solidly. I'll think this one over a bit more and take any suggestions into consideration.

So, thoughts?

Edited by LocasMaxis

its just ANOTHER OF FAR TOO MANY features ingame that are still in EARLY BETA and have yet to be addressed ... sadly =[

as much as the game has made A LOT of positive progress over the past year, it consistently breaks my heart that SO MUCH HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT IN THE MEANTIME =[

Yup, we definitely need this. Two other logical puzzles "mini-game" just like in the IQ tests, that could be solved as fast as the one we have at the moment,but without sound (some players disable it,although the soundtrack is quite good imo )...

its just ANOTHER OF FAR TOO MANY features ingame that are still in EARLY BETA and have yet to be addressed ... sadly =[

as much as the game has made A LOT of positive progress over the past year, it consistently breaks my heart that SO MUCH HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN ABOUT IN THE MEANTIME =[

Yeah, you're not wrong to suggest this, but this really is another 'low priority' change atm.

You both ain't wrong that this is low priority/forgotten atm. I just wanted to suggest my ideas on the subject. Maybe get those dev's attention on something that may have been forgotten.

Perhaps even a 3D puzzle here and there might be nice. Something similar to the idea in one of these simpler games. 

http://armorgames.com/play/10591/interlocked

(The game above has interlocking pieces that have to be slide past one another in a specific order for the puzzle to be solved. The game allows movement in all three planes)

or 

http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/3d_logic

(The game above has a different size cube with increasing difficulty that you have to connect the color squares be clicking and dragging the line to one another. The connecting lines do not always stay on the same surface of the cube and in that case the cube will rotate with you as you move your line)

The mentioned games above are meant for a reference. I am not promoting or demoting them for any reason other than to offer an idea that could be implemented here.

Edited by Bradpitts