The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Does "syandana" Mean?

Trickshaw

Google is not being very helpful. I understand that in this game it apparently means "weird scarf" but I was assuming this word derived from reality somewhere. I wasn't able to find a definition that seemed very concrete. One result said "incantation or spell" and another said "oozing and dripping".

What does this word mean? Where did it come from? I'm assuming there's a reason DE chose this word above all other words to mean "weird scarf"!

Edit:

Also, how is "Syandana" pronounced? I've been going with cyan+Donna=Syandana. Is that accurate?

Edited by Trickshaw

Names are generally from planet names which comes from Myth names so I guess Syandana is from the Myths directly. For instance Gorgon was a protector of something(lets say treasure) in one of the myths, he was the god like creature who would scare off the dudes who would approach the treasure.

One more example from the top of my head:

Eris

Edited by thecolin-

its Sanskrit and means flowing

स्यन्दन = syandana = flowing

See, this is why I'm confused because I saw that on google and then immediately saw this:

----------

syandana स्यन्दन

Definition: mf(ā - )n. Name of the 23rd arhat - of the past utsarpiṇī -

----------

I'm no Sanskrit expert by any stretch of the imagination but those symbols look identical.

I believe it's latin for "scarves on ninjas really are dumb but if we call them something else maybe no one will notice"

That's another thing, the only ninja in this game is Ash. I can't look at any other Tenno and say, "That's a ninja." Not one.