Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Item Trading - By Dark_____Hunter

Dark_____Hunter

Warframe is a very good game. Considering it is still in Beta, this game is phenomenal. However, a problem with the game is that it contains a lot of grinding. For some players, it's even off putting, and seen as a waste of time. The ability to trade items, even amongst friends, would definetly help with this problem.

One of the reasons why a form of trading would improve the game is because of the need for blueprints. This is a good idea, but my friend has the Rhino warframe and told me on the 28/03/2013 that he would like the Thrak Rhino helmet blueprints. I quote that he said 'the Rhino Helmet blueprints are almost impossible to find'. The very next day, I completed an alert for those exact blueprints. Unfortunately, he missed the alert, so now I have an item, that he wants, which is very valuable. However, I'm currently building for a Trinity warframe, and the Rhino helmet has no use to me. If I could trade with him, I could gain something that benefits me, such as a shield upgrade mod, and he could gain an item he desperately wants.

Another reason why the game Warframe needs trading is due to the excessive number of mods circling through the community. For example, the mod 'Continuity' increases the duration of warframe abilities. This is an incredibly common mod, and, because my playstyle is concerns burst damage, I have sold many of these mods, more to clear up space than anything else. On the other hand, some warframes, such as Banshee, could benefit greatly from increased ablity duration. In the case of Banshee, Silence and Sonar combinations can lead to co-ordinated stealth approaches from experienced players. Through trading, a Banshee could gain more than enough 'Continuity' mods to even open up the possibility of a full stealth mission.

Finally, if my arguement has convinced my reader, I would like to put forward ideas to how this trading system could work. You may feel free to object to the content of this article in any way.

1) Trading should only be between people in the 'Contacts' page. This way, it encourages the co-operative feel of the game, and also reduces the risk of any 'Internet Trolls' scamming people out of any earned blueprints.

2) Credits, blueprints, and mods are the only things that can be traded. Platinum trading makes the entire idea of a 'Premium currency' useless. Weapon trading can result in players gaining items which they can't use, due to level restrictments.

Other Suggestions by....

Pixues - trading should be possible only if someone has been in your contacts for a week or something.

Or trading against a fee (possible with credits or platinum).

Pobunjenik - an auction house (mod4money) and private mod4mod trading.

Here is a similar idea from LadyGenevieve, I would recommend looking at this - https://forums.warfr...ade-suggestion/

If there are any additions to this list, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Dark_____Hunter (with five underscores).

Edited by Dark_____Hunter

I think the devs already stated trading was going to be possible between friends and clan members.

However, adding a friend is not that hard. The Global chat will turn into "I'm looking for xxxxxx, i have xxxx to give away" followed by "Ok bro, add me".

I feel like trading should be possible only if someone has been in your contacts for a week or something.

They system itself works fine right now. Grinding is part of almost every game out there and if you don't want to grind you go pay for it with Platnium in this case. There will be a sort of resource sharing in clans as what is last I had heard but a actual real trading system will not be coming to this game and quite honestly should not.

They system itself works fine right now. Grinding is part of almost every game out there and if you don't want to grind you go pay for it with Platnium in this case. There will be a sort of resource sharing in clans as what is last I had heard but a actual real trading system will not be coming to this game and quite honestly should not.

I hope you're wrong.

I think the devs already stated trading was going to be possible between friends and clan members.

However, adding a friend is not that hard. The Global chat will turn into "I'm looking for xxxxxx, i have xxxx to give away" followed by "Ok bro, add me".

I feel like trading should be possible only if someone has been in your contacts for a week or something.

That's a good point, thanks for the heads up :)

You know the friend who wanted the Rhino helmet? He had to play the same level 40 times to farm the blueprints. I think he deserved a break. :P Besides, you can't buy all of the blueprints from the market. Some blueprints and minerals can only be found by grinding, which is why it can be very annoying.

As a seasoned EVE player, I would hate to see Warframe's global chat turn into Jita local.

I hope the devs take their time and give us an auction house (mod4money) and private mod4mod trading.

That's an interesting idea. It means that only people who've been grinding for a while can finally catch a break. On the other hand, newer players may not be able to get items or blueprints they really need, due to lack of rescources. The three warframes provided at the start of the game can be very limited, so it is understandable if new players want to try something different without grinding too much.

It's a good idea though. Thanks :D

well im much in to a black market or a trade broker i think thats much better then trading to a friend or a clan..

Well, we already have the market for Warframe. If you mean by 'Black Market' a way of putting items up for sale publicly, that might work. I've seen it in other games, but the premium currency might make it awkward.

Well, we already have the market for Warframe. If you mean by 'Black Market' a way of putting items up for sale publicly, that might work. I've seen it in other games, but the premium currency might make it awkward.

the only bad thing bout the trade by p2p or c2c are they might abuse it by giving it for free they should put some kind of restrictions or rules or such i have lots of print and dont know what to do with it I may give it all for free if the trade system have no restriction thats the problem with that but with a broker if you are lazy enough not to farm for creds ill just put it for auction and gain fast creds.

Edited by MakubeX

I made a suggestion for trading that got smothered by the rest of the forum that I believe could not only give everyone trading but keep it out of general chat as well. https://forums.warfr...ade-suggestion/

yeah i hope when the trading system is live the chat is not affected hate to see those WTB or WTS over and over or those who says "giving free X mod or print add me up" well whats the point of farming then if someone or a friend can give it to you for free.

the only bad thing bout the trade by p2p or c2c are they might abuse it by giving it for free they should put some kind of restrictions or rules or such i have lots of print and dont know what to do with it I may give it all for free if the trade system have no restriction thats the problem with that but with a broker if you are lazy enough not to farm for creds ill just put it for auction and gain fast creds.

I think understand what you mean. You mean that the trade system needs to ensure that both players are trading things of at least equal value by a certain marjin, otherwise you might as well just sell the item and gain credits. But the system I am proposing is more suited between friends. Take my situation for an example. I want to give the helmet to my friend, simply because I don't need it and he does. Players should be able to choose whether to give something in return, but both players must be content with the trade.

There are "other people" so it will definitely lead to chat spam. Only thing to tone that down is making it clan-trade only and put a penalty on clan-hopping to prevent trade-clans from existing.

Edited by Namacyst

I think understand what you mean. You mean that the trade system needs to ensure that both players are trading things of at least equal value by a certain marjin, otherwise you might as well just sell the item and gain credits. But the system I am proposing is more suited between friends. Take my situation for an example. I want to give the helmet to my friend, simply because I don't need it and he does. Players should be able to choose whether to give something in return, but both players must be content with the trade.

oh well lets just wait for update 8 to see what kind of trade system DE is making I hope it will be good for all ppls

I made a suggestion for trading that got smothered by the rest of the forum that I believe could not only give everyone trading but keep it out of general chat as well. https://forums.warfr...ade-suggestion/

LadyGenevieve, that is a very good idea. It contains the trading to just trading and doesn't annoy other players by spamming global chat. However, if you can only trade the mods from the level that was just completed, what about mods that you already have? Also, it seems to limit trading to only people who played alongside you during the level. It's a very good idea nevertheless, but some clarity would help me understand. :)

yeah i hope when the trading system is live the chat is not affected hate to see those WTB or WTS over and over or those who says "giving free X mod or print add me up" well whats the point of farming then if someone or a friend can give it to you for free.

I agree with you, that's why I'd like to see it at the end of the mission before you leave. Atleast with blueprints, I'm pretty sure when they do drop everyone gets them. Then with mods, being able to swap them around before you go back to the lobby keeps it small time, we get some kind of trade going on and it stays out of chat and you don't get people advertising.

They system itself works fine right now. Grinding is part of almost every game out there and if you don't want to grind you go pay for it with Platnium in this case.

So basically WARFRAME shouldn't be allowed the break the mold? I think if you were able to make a perfect balance of loot finding and just normal progression then things would be perfect. That being said I have basically stopped playing the game now because I can't be bothered early levels over and over again just to get loot that will give me a chance in a fight. I am hoping Update 8 is going to fix a lot of this and bring me back.

There are "other people" so it will definitely lead to chat spam. Only thing to tone that down is making it clan-trade only and put a penalty on clan-hopping to prevent trade-clans from existing.

Of course there will be 'other people', but in my arguement I also said that trading 'should only be between people in the 'Contacts' page' so that people can only trade with people they know. And like Pixues said, 'trading should be possible only if someone has been in your contacts for a week', so that you won't have 'contact hopping' either.

Hope that cleared things up. :)

I said this to another person, my friend who wanted the Rhino helm was forced to play the same level 40 times. Grinding isn't a good thing to mention when you try to sell a game.

Besides, you can't buy everything from the market. Alerts and luck are main factors in gaining blueprints for Orokin Reactors and helmets. You can't grind everything.

LadyGenevieve, that is a very good idea. It contains the trading to just trading and doesn't annoy other players by spamming global chat. However, if you can only trade the mods from the level that was just completed, what about mods that you already have? Also, it seems to limit trading to only people who played alongside you during the level. It's a very good idea nevertheless, but some clarity would help me understand. :)

It would limit trading to just on teams but with the Devs so highly against the chat spam and the negation of needing to do work I think it fits. As I was stating in my other post, it wouldn't spill over into chat and it's on the spot so once you head back to the lobby you keep what you have. Another person also added that it shouldn't show others what you have so it leaves it to the player to tell his group he picked up something and if someone needs it they can trade during the end of mission. I think the idea works great for friends and clans that play together and I hope that if something like it does go into effect it is alongside whatever DE is planning for trade because not everyone is into joining clans and I'm not sure if they will do something for friends. Others are correct though in that if there is friend or clan only trade of whole inventory, what's to stop people from just bouncing between clans or adding to lists for on the spot trading as that will get advertised in chat.

It just would be nice to create a new system which makes it more fun to play with. Having a blackmarket makes no difference to other games. In fact it makes it easier.

As a relatively new player, I have been in several levels where everyone else in the team just outguns me, and in the end results I see that I only got about three kills. That's not really very fun either.

Also, not sure what you mean by blackmarket. The system proposed only allows certain things to be traded, materials being one of the things which shouldn't. You will still have to grind for a while, but it will make it much easier.

Besides, what's more fun that playing the same level over and over and over?

It would limit trading to just on teams but with the Devs so highly against the chat spam and the negation of needing to do work I think it fits. As I was stating in my other post, it wouldn't spill over into chat and it's on the spot so once you head back to the lobby you keep what you have. Another person also added that it shouldn't show others what you have so it leaves it to the player to tell his group he picked up something and if someone needs it they can trade during the end of mission. I think the idea works great for friends and clans that play together and I hope that if something like it does go into effect it is alongside whatever DE is planning for trade because not everyone is into joining clans and I'm not sure if they will do something for friends. Others are correct though in that if there is friend or clan only trade of whole inventory, what's to stop people from just bouncing between clans or adding to lists for on the spot trading as that will get advertised in chat.

As Pixuel suggested, you should only be able to trade with contacts who have known you for a set time. This encourages trading with people you trust. I'm sure you will have experienced that levels are much easier with three friends who know what they're doing. After making them your contact, a week will fly by quickly. But if you just make a contact withevery single person you play with, it gets tiring after a while.

Also, what if, one day, your friend is offline? you play with random people for a while, and then you get an item which your friend has wanted for ages, but you can't trade it to him later, when he is online again?

Edited by Dark_____Hunter