Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields Have Become Over Valued

ukovalian

I don't think we're talking about the same endgame here...

^this

Ever tried a whole hour of survival? Once your enemy reach lvl 60+, you'll understand.

Edit: A whole hour of survival in T3 Void or Tier 3 (lvl 30+ enemies) Defence/Survival till wave 50/60 min.

Edited by Veridantus

please explain

For starters, how about Nightmare mode on Ceres or Pluto? Grineer survival past 1 hour? wave 50+ Defense? 

Ever fought a level 60+ Napalm Leader version? 

Trust me, finishing the entire Solar Systems is very far from endgame.

Edited by juel2910

For starters, how about Nightmare mode on Ceres or Pluto? Grineer survival past 1 hour? wave 50+ Defense? 

Ever fought a level 60+ Napalm Leader version?

Nightmare done

40 minutes solo got bored and left

45 waves solo same reason

Three times they where anoying

Nightmare done

40 minutes solo got bored and left

45 waves solo same reason

Three times they where anoying

I find it hard to believe you went through 40 minutes solo on Tier 3 survival & still think shields are OP, even on 30 minutes mark the mob tear through your shield within a few seconds even with Iron skin.

Yeah, that would be your rhino. He's a little broken atm. His balance is nice, but because he's so well crafted, the rest of the frames (or more than half at least) look almost lackluster. (everyone was worried that giving iron skin health would make him useless....HA!)

The shields are fine. True endgame is still in development.

I will admit it was spaming iron skin alot and running around looking for energy

then maybe you should stop playing the survivalist aka Rhino before you start shouting shields are op.

The shields are fine as it is, most other frames with no defense skills like Iron Skin/Turbulence/Invis have a hard time getting past lvl 45+ enemies.

Rhino is not the problem, its fleeting expertice, half the energy efficency on fleeting expertice and most of the spam builds (on other frames as well) will be balanced again.

Shields lost a lot of importance since grineer deal heavy loads (aka. S#&$loads) of bleeding damage.

Therefore think the shield mechanic is still viable as is.

It's just I feel like rhino isn't as tanky as they state him to be and that he still has the charge till shields fail take cover while they recharge then repeat technique. And I guess that's what's really buging me is that tank frames just have more survivability if their shields fail in battle

Edited by ukovalian