Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flight/ships

Okamibanshu88

I've always liked the idea of flight combat, how about a new mission type along with a set of ships. Nothing fancy, just like two ships to start out. The basis is to disable the enemy ship, damage it enough, to board it and claim resources/rescue or hack. So here's the breakdown.

Ship assault: A grineer/Corpus/Infected ship is in mid warp/impulse not sure how they move in the game, and they arn't stopping for a silent assault, any attempt to get close will result in being fired upon, the Tenno MUST get to the ship. Ship combat is basic, no grineer attack ships, just auto turrents and sheilds that must be removed before boarding. Landing would be simple as docking at an airlock and entering a ship like normal.

Ship Assault - Rescue: We have word of Tenno sympathizers on board, you are to board the ship and rescue them, up to three in one go.

Ship Assault - Data Hack: Tenno must board the vesile and take any data they can on the ships activities and troop deployments.

Ship Assault - Resource Cache: The thing we ALL have been wanting, The ship is carring a large supply of resources, they cannot be allowed to get  back to their HQ. The resources would be depended and random on all four of the  normal resources for whatever sector the ship is in. Could make it more fun by giving say...five minutes to get in, and get out. You have tanks with lots of diffrent resources and taking any resource sends a lock down, so you must choose one, and get the heck outta dodge.

Ship Assault - Escape: This one is simple, you've accomplished your mission, now you must get out of range, this ship is gunna explode, escape before your engulfed in the blast.

....we are on ships constantly, and fly up to ships ,how does that not fit the game?

That's not Battlefield. No tanks, no aircraft, no mechs, etc. We are supposed to be elite warriors. All we need are our frames, guns and blades, nothing more. It just doesn't fit the game. It's a game about space ninjas, not about spaceships, or spacetanks.

That's not Battlefield. No tanks, no aircraft, no mechs, etc. We are supposed to be elite warriors. All we need are our frames, guns and blades, nothing more. It just doesn't fit the game. It's a game about space ninjas, not about spaceships, or spacetanks.

we fight mechs, big ones and small ones. there are tanks, though they walk. And this IS battlefield only we fightin hand to hand adn short/small range. small range seeins as how we still have no real sniper map yet hint hint de's xP.  But this would be part of the game, it IS part of the game. WE come in with the ships already, adn apparently one of the new starting area is gunna be us IN  a ship so it fits well.

we fight mechs, big ones and small ones. there are tanks, though they walk. And this IS battlefield only we fightin hand to hand adn short/small range. small range seeins as how we still have no real sniper map yet hint hint de's xP.  But this would be part of the game, it IS part of the game. WE come in with the ships already, adn apparently one of the new starting area is gunna be us IN  a ship so it fits well.

Tenno are supposed to jump in, do their work and jump out. We are a scalpel, not a C4.

Tenno are supposed to jump in, do their work and jump out. We are a scalpel, not a C4.

mhm..mhm, some. We may be ninja, but even a ninja can fight back when FORCED to. And to be fair, ninja's used high explosives to accomplish plenty so not c4 may not be the best example, maybe not an army? anyways, i still think it could fit, and if you wanna go that way they could still add a stealth ship type mode, where you gotta git to a ship quietly, and such.

I'm not saying that I am a stealthy type of person. Usually I just go full Rambo. But ships/tanks just don't fit the game. The game is CQB-based. Even the outdoor maps are cluttered. And thiat is the very essence of Warframe.

I'm not saying that I am a stealthy type of person. Usually I just go full Rambo. But ships/tanks just don't fit the game. The game is CQB-based. Even the outdoor maps are cluttered. And thiat is the very essence of Warframe.

idunno, in my opinion the game is 'when things hit the fan, we hit back' and my idea is a perfect imbodiment of that. Its just stupid to believe that to this point, NO tenno ship has ever come under enemy fire, and or that the enemy ships have no weapons. even in those small drop ships, they would be spotted now and again. they continue to prove that the corpus at least have technology that can rival, or absorb that of the tenno, so this isn't as far fetched as you think. and people seem to like the idea of vehicles, though more towards being an enemy in a mission then we get one but still.

Seriously? In the few past topics about vehicles in Warframe I always saw answers like "No, it just doesn't fit the game".

Please, try to understand, that introducing vehicular combat will require a complete rework of all of the maps. The maps will need to be much bigger, emptier, the missions will take more time... It doesn't fit a fast-paced game like Warframe. And game about humanoid warriors.

The game is about the Tenno, commandos of our solar system. And I never saw a commando squad entering anywhere with blast of C4, roaring of a tank and shouting "KNOCK KNOCK MOTHER***ERS!"

Not really hard to find out their them they discuss it in a sense with every livestream.

But anyways as for missions where we go on ships to grab resources specifically sounds great. It's not like we being on ships to damage or steal from it is a concept that is unheard of in this game.

Not really hard to find out their them they discuss it in a sense with every livestream.

But anyways as for missions where we go on ships to grab resources specifically sounds great. It's not like we being on ships to damage or steal from it is a concept that is unheard of in this game.

yeah i'd just like any mission thats primary purpose and goal is to gather/steal resources to use for yourself, and not just 'oh hey we got this' then end of the mission it goes to some unknown invisible warehouse. These resources are for YOU the tenno. Perhaps they could have a cooldown so that we got big rewards, but can't spam it. I'd love that. high reward for orokin cells for instnat, have a chance to get a batch of ten doing this mission, have say a five minute cooldown before you can go back in?