Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios's Inspector

KageUzu

It scans random things that you've already finished scanning and will take for ever to scan something you want. It's quite annoying to see your codex pool for the game nearly gone in those long missions. It might go better if the more you rank the mod the more it scans things you don't have and scans faster.

I've suggested that DE simply make it so that you can't scan any items/mobs more that the maximum number of scans in the codex. All they should need to do is make so that once you reach the maximum number of scans that any further attempts act as though the target was already scanned. Also, making it so that you can't scan objects that have no codex entry would be helpful.

This would probably also help to slightly improve the Inspector's responsiveness since it could then ignore what was already maxed out. I do agree though that making the scans faster the higher the rank would be useful, but until they fix the tendency to waste scanners by scanning everything making it faster would only waste even more scans.

The inspector I will admit after maxing it out, made no difference to the behavior of the sentinel, it still tries to scan everything close by regardless if you have already maxed that scan out.

Then when you do come across something you want scanned like an enemy it spends the whole time throwing the god awful mini glaive at the enemies head over and over again, which by then i give up, switch to the manual scanner and do it myself. What a waste of plat.

Can't wait until i rank it out and switch back to the only useful sentinel, the carrier.

Maxing the mod doesn't seem to do anything either, it scans the in the same random fashion at the exact same speed. I do like the art, but the function of this thing is so badly thought out it's crazy.

It's like a Valkyr in sentinel form :P

The inspector I will admit after maxing it out, made no difference to the behavior of the sentinel, it still tries to scan everything close by regardless if you have already maxed that scan out.

Then when you do come across something you want scanned like an enemy it spends the whole time throwing the god awful mini glaive at the enemies head over and over again, which by then i give up, switch to the manual scanner and do it myself. What a waste of plat.

Can't wait until i rank it out and switch back to the only useful sentinel, the carrier.

It seems that the only change made by maxing out Inspector is to increase the range, but that's all at this time and it doesn't seem to be by very much. I'm not sure yet exactly how much it increases it by though. I assume you have Inspector set as the first precept, but even then the target might be killed since the scanner takes so long (this is why I left Deconstructor unranked).

My biggest gripe is how wasteful it is. It recently wasted 30+ scans on things that I already have the max number of scans for,  in exchange for maybe 1-2 scans I needed. At this point I have inspector unequipped and am just ranking it up for mastery too. Good thing I have my scanner set on a hotkey.