Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dearth Of Good Defense Polarity Mods For Weapons

JBS_1

Why is there such a lack of defense polarity mods for weapons?  The complete list is:

Cryo Rounds/Chilling Grasp/Deep Freeze/North Wind (which, since Damage 2.0 removed 100% slow on cold, probably should be moved to tactic with the rest of the elemental mods)
Rifle Aptitude/Shotgun Savvy/Sure Shot/Melee Prowess (really bad currently at their 15% level and aren't worth considering)

Hammer Shot (rifle exclusive, nightmare mod)

Tainted Shell (shotgun exclusive, corrupted mod)

...and that's it.  Pistols and melee have only two choices, while shotguns and rifles get three due to a special rare.  I really think other mod types should be considered to be moved.  Personally, I think any of the following might fit:

Noise Reduction mods

Puncture mods

Ammo Mutation mods

Recoil Reduction mods

what stops DE from changing some weird issue with mod polarities is probably the fear of the 10.000 complaints about "my 6 formad weapon loadout got screwed with this update, give me back my money" ... or stuff like that u.ù

anyway, this is something that the comunity likes to speculate about and then forget, we should try to make this problem a little more visible to the developpers

what stops DE from changing some weird issue with mod polarities is probably the fear of the 10.000 complaints about "my 6 formad weapon loadout got screwed with this update, give me back my money" ... or stuff like that u.ù

I could definitely see that making them hesitant.  But the way I see it is that people who bought forma back when it was still hard to get aren't getting a refund even though Forma BPs are super easy to get now, so why should anybody get a refund when mods get shuffled around?

I preferred the original elemental damage system where there was no "chance" required..

every shot froze them, burnt and electrified them..now you hope it happens once in a while. not cool.

Cold would go back to being very powerful, but reverting to Damage 1.0 doesn't fix the problem of lack of choice in this polarity type.

Edited by JBS_1