The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Getting Worse ..

BaSiLB

Greetings everyone .. i had my warframe running with best quality at 60 fps with no problems at all i was happy ..

but after update 12 it start to get worse and FPS kept going down from 60 fps to 16 - 40 fps, and i know it is not only me .

I really want to know what is going on why the huge drop on the FPS ?

Why DE never replay to these topics about FPS drop!?

it is just annoying more then broken lights !

Greetings everyone .. i had my warframe running with best quality at 60 fps with no problems at all i was happy ..

but after update 12 it start to get worse and FPS kept going down from 60 fps to 16 - 40 fps, and i know it is not only me .

I really want to know what is going on why the huge drop on the FPS ?

Why DE never replay to these topics about FPS drop!?

it is just annoying more then broken lights !

Ya i have performance issues as well, my 765m card was able to run this game with physX at 55fps. 60fps without physX. Now its at 42fps without physX. This is only online, If i play solo i still reach 60fps no problem. I think it's an online issue.

Are you seeing this across the board, or in Void missions only?

I've noticed my cards not being utilized very efficiently in Void missions; I just created a topic about it. Void missions are chewing up my 2x 670 SLI but the GPU utilization numbers are around 30% for some reason. I'm getting sub-30FPS on these missions and that just should not be happening.

Are you seeing this across the board, or in Void missions only?

I've noticed my cards not being utilized very efficiently in Void missions; I just created a topic about it. Void missions are chewing up my 2x 670 SLI but the GPU utilization numbers are around 30% for some reason. I'm getting sub-30FPS on these missions and that just should not be happening.

in void missions the most .. but sometimes in normal missions .. it is really annoying >.<

I have the same issues and I have a GTX 780. I complained about this a month ago and nothing happened. 

i got gtx 770 .. im really disappointed because none from DE team want to answer us .. or say anything about it . 

i got gtx 770 .. im really disappointed because none from DE team want to answer us .. or say anything about it . 

Best part is all the troubleshooting they have us do. I know my hardware and computer, Warframe is the only game that I have inconsistent performance in. 

Best part is all the troubleshooting they have us do. I know my hardware and computer, Warframe is the only game that I have inconsistent performance in. 

as de_steve said it will be fixed in U13 . .

Hey guys - the poor GPU balance in the void case is primarily because the Void traps are updating all of the time, across the whole map, every frame. These traps update on the main 'game' thread and take so long it can sometimes look like poor CPU utilization too (because the other threads running effects, physics, collision, animation and rendering are 'fed' by the game thread). U13 has fixes for this and other generic cases of 'stuff far away from enemies and players eating up CPU for no reason'.

That's why you see the big jump in FPS/GPU utilization from pausing the game in solo... this skips all the game thread work to update objects so the other threads all get work to do much faster... including the rendering thread feeding work to the GPU.

TL;DR - yeah we suck, the game thread stalls in some levels (void traps are the worst) but this is fixed (aka: way better) in U13!