The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paralysis Decreases Valkyr's Melee Dps

nekrojiji

It's largely because Hysteria is basic melee damage only (and your modded weapon generally should be too to maximize Valkyr). Stealth attacks are based off of charge dmg. 

It's not entirely synergetic to do so, unless you decide to get crazy and mod her for Galatine or Jat Kittag. If so...have fun, and I'd like to see the numbers there.

Paralysis puts enemies on "unalerted" state for a few seconds and if you get close to them and press e then you'll do a stealth finisher. It happens with all melee weapons but it's easier with hysteria and other low range melee weapons. 

It's a "hidden" mechanic from paralysis that actually gives bonus damage if not using a finisher, much like excalibur's RB and loki/ash invis. 

What melee weapons are you using? Because with my dual ichors my sneak attacks range from 13-26k

I'm using Dual Ichor with full damage(presure, spoiled, true steel, organ shatter) and full toxin mods and my sneak attacks deal 200~1000 on Palus Corpus.

On what enemies did you see those numbers....lvl 5 ones?!

It's largely because Hysteria is basic melee damage only (and your modded weapon generally should be too to maximize Valkyr). Stealth attacks are based off of charge dmg. 

It's not entirely synergetic to do so, unless you decide to get crazy and mod her for Galatine or Jat Kittag. If so...have fun, and I'd like to see the numbers there.

The sneak attack is based on "non upgraded" charge attack. " I've seen this....I've done this....You don't want this."

In this game sneak attack is a waste of a good opportunity. The sneak attack should have a chance to do lethal damage.... not normal damage.

Anyway ...my point still remains .....

For you who said you deal 26k damage in hysteria with dual ichor on a sneak attack .... what did you smoke?!

And

My option to not use Paralysis seems better at this moment. I still think that a stealth attack would need to kill not tickle. 

Edited by nekrojiji