The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee: Combine Silence And Sonar.

Hixlysss

Silence is a very useful stealth skill indeed, but as it stands Stealth isn't...really there yet and honestly every warframe should have skills that are useful in every situation. So how do you make Silence useful in all situations? Combine it with Sonar which is useful in pretty much every situation.

The two mods are already similar in how they affect enemies, a pulse out and marking multiple targets having the affected for a certain duration. If Silence also had the "mark on map and create weakspot" then it would be useful in every situation.

The only problem I see with this is...well now Banshee needs a new power~

Banshee is getting a rework as of one of the more recent Livestreams. Worry not m8, the issue is being addressed.

However I really like dis idea....

I know it's being addressed. How ever what I don't know is how, and considering how simplistic of an idea this is I figure the devs are considering it but just not being vocal about it. So I figure if I make a post of this idea, and the community goes "Hey, that is a great idea! Do that!" The dev's will lean towards this idea over something else they might be considering.

I've toyed around with this idea but could never think of how to fit the two into one 'logic.' As in, what would the name be? How would casting both at the same time be incorporated into one move. considering silencing a room and sending out a pulse of sound are two completely different actions. I never thought of a solution but maybe other posters do.

I agree with what's been said so far.  I love the idea of combining Sonar and Silence into one skill, and I agree that the more we (the community) talk about it the more likely the Dev team will realize it's worth looking into.

In terms of a replacement skill, some initial ideas I thought of are:

Ventriloquism - cause sound to be emitted from a remote location, getting the attention of nearby enemies

Amplify - take all sound being created in the area (enemy shouts/screams, machine guns, lasers, you get the idea) and cause damage based on the amount produced.

Sound Tempering - harden your frame to increase armor and "create vibrations" when struck (think vibranium/Captain America's shield).  These vibrations are converted to Energy

I really like this idea and I think Dimachiirus ideas are cool too though I am not sure about sound tampering as that requires you to be hit which kind of goes against the sniper ideas, but great ideas overall.

Banshee was meant to be a sniper?  Even so that ability seems the "weakest" of the three.

Anyways, main topic: I agree with this.  I also can't figure out a good reason for them to be lumped together, but they both emit a pulse when used already.

Banshee was meant to be a sniper?  Even so that ability seems the "weakest" of the three.

Anyways, main topic: I agree with this.  I also can't figure out a good reason for them to be lumped together, but they both emit a pulse when used already.

A good reason lore wise or mechanic wise? The "Both emit a pulse" idea is the same reasoning behind Rhino Stomp and Rhino Blast being combined. They literally only had the "They both stomp" in common and combined them that way.

Lore wise, think of it this way, the sonar pulse you send out is intense enough to deafen the enemies, while also showing them up on your mini map and marking their weak spots.

Also, yes, Banshee is considered the sniper of the group due to Sonar, because it takes precise shots to hit those spots.

this is a excellent idea 

+1!

banshee NEEDS this, and its a quick and easy solution too

and the 3rd new skill can be something creative and fun

PLZ DE 

I was figuring the combining of Sonar and Silence would be the new third skill. She needs a new secondary and Dimachiirus posted some interesting ideas. I liked the "Convert Sound Vibrations to Energy" idea of his, very neat.

Give her what our other two 'stealth' frames have that she is lacking. A Mobility skill. 
in addition to putting Sonar and Silence in to one delicious PB&J, give her some form of teleport with a niche utility effect to make it comparable to Ash's and Loki's while being unique. 
I'd suggest calling it, Echo. 

not too long ago, banshee was the most highly voted warframe for a overhaul/update on the wiki

by a extremely large margin too

its seems she is a very popular warframe, regardless of her current usefulness/state, people want to use her more - they want her to be awesome 

thats why you keep seeing constant suggestions and requests to improve her on the forums for some time now 

there is so much potential here - to satisfy the player base and creating something unique

Well I believe so, she is suppose to be a stealth frame that relies on being quiet and not being in visible range as she is silent not invisible, and sonar allows her to take out a person in one hit before they can react or alert others.

I am not sure about sound tampering as that requires you to be hit which kind of goes against the sniper ideas

Good point, I had forgotten about the sniper lore surrounding Banshee (btw which bow did the Devs give her in "The Profit" trailer?).  I still like the skill, but it could use work to fit into both the sonic and sniper themes.

If we're sticking to the lore I'd rate my Ventriloquism idea highest, as it allows for repositioning of tough-to-hit enemies.  One idea going off of the sniping focus could be an ability that, upon activation, dramatically reduces weapon recoil and/or increases accuracy.  Maybe called Dampener?

Give her what our other two 'stealth' frames have that she is lacking. A Mobility skill. 

in addition to putting Sonar and Silence in to one delicious PB&J, give her some form of teleport with a niche utility effect to make it comparable to Ash's and Loki's while being unique. 

I'd suggest calling it, Echo. 

I like the concept of an ability called Echo, especially if it's more of a defensive teleport.  Banshee is pretty squishy and unlike her "true" stealth counterparts, cannot completely disappear after teleporting into a crowd.  She has some decent up-close CC in Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, but both have limited range and aren't designed to be used when diving into mobs.  If we are taking the sniper theme into account, staying in the same place for an extended period would eventually cause enemies (outside of Warframe) to locate you.  Echo could do just as the name implies, leave an "echo" of yourself while you ninja teleport away to a different sniping spot.  I'm sure there are ways to make the Echo unique from Saryn's Molt and Loki's Decoy, perhaps creating a " sonic explosion" when discovered by enemies...

While I do like the Echo idea, I have some personal reservations about a teleport/mobility skill on Banshee.  Part of why I like Banshee is because she is a very unique (sometimes challenging) frame to play.  She's a pseudo-stealth frame, but doesn't come with a teleport skill.  You have to play it smart (especially since Sound Quake's invulnerability was removed) and use Sonar to reposition yourself around the incoming mobs.