Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Void Random Encounter] The Wrathi Voidborn (Twisted Ghosts Of The Void)

SilverBones

The Wrathi Voidborn

Let me tell you a story.

When the Orokin first started to retreat to the Endless White, where the saviors known as Tenno were twisted and grown, there is a lost place; a place of dark corners and embodied malice. This place was given flesh, then in the forms of children and researchers. The orokin had wished to take them back later, but as the transports were thrown into the Void, sometimes they thrown too far.

Warped beyond reason, twisted in ways that no mortal mind could survive, the flesh demolished in the Eternal Blindness, soon settled and perished. Death, however, does not obey the same rules in the void. Flesh became thought, matter became essence. The shells of their former bodies became twisted mantles for the departed to wear.

Where those returned to the Origin were called Tenno, the Blinding Shadows gave birth to the Wrathi.

Lured by their kin, these ethereal, impossibly alien consciousnesses were summoned form the Vast Bright, bathed in radiant shadow and wearing the shells of the world brought into the Void. No one could understand why they do what they do, but their actions seem slick with territorial violence.

No one knows what their motives are, but sometimes shadows have been seen appearing in the Void, hunting Tenno without predictable plans of attack. Whatever their motives, the presence of the Tenno appear to be opposed to their goals, and as such, are hunted without remorse.

Pray you do not run into the Haunts of the Voidborn.

Pictures!

wrathivoidghost_zps3c10375f.png

wrathibig_zpsd6cf4a65.jpg

System

The Idea behind the Wrathi is a random encounter in the Void. Less powerful and more numerous than the Stalker / G3 / Harvester, the Wrathi make their mark in numbers and vindictiveness. Highly maneuverable, hard hitting and manipulative, these ‘Voidborn’ creatures appear, buff creatures and occasionally harass the Tenno with disks of dark energy and debuffs.

The aesthetic could be terrifying. As they appear, the air warps, things get dark and sounds of whispering and screaming should assail the ears. The Fabric of reality bends to the will of the Wrathi and as they are taken down, the soul should implode, banished to its dark, hateful place in a metallic, crushing implosion and a bone-grinding scream.

I can just imagine it being squishy but having a constant Turbulence-like effect, where shots fired at it have a chance to just warp right through it.

And then it just hovers with unnatural, seemingly impossible to predict, angular movements - one minute it's floating in place right in front of you, beckoning, but as you're taking a swing it seems to almost liquify and pull itself back into form across the room.

Edited by Archwizard

I can just imagine it being squishy but having a constant Turbulence-like effect, where shots fired at it have a chance to just warp right through it.

And then it just hovers with unnatural, seemingly impossible to predict, angular movements - one minute it's floating in place right in front of you, beckoning, but as you're taking a swing it seems to almost liquify and pull itself back into form across the room.

It's like you read my mind!

Good idea.

And were you the one that was in the top 3 for making a good weapon for warframe? (Forgot the name of it)

I made the Tenno Sword & Board (name was never given.)

Cool concept. Any idea on the sort of goodies (Weapons, cosmetics, syndanna's and so forth...maybe....FRAME >:D) that will be given out for murdering this new opposing...ehm...."Faction".

Not saying there has to be anything but it would be pretty nice.

Nothing like drops or anything. I figure the work begins in the concept. Could maybe make an Aesthetic thing since that seems to be a way the developers are taking updates... dunno, will have to think about it.

Thanks for the comments guys. I am going to try and work on a colored picture soon.

It could be white with a redish black in the center with no shields and no armor it can teleport behind players and the only way its there is when if lets out defying scream (RIP headphone users) and it dos try to better to stay outta the tennos cove of vision it attacks in hordes on 12 with new void units called the specter it can cloak and deploys clones of the Wrathi Voidborn and aura dont work when its nearby

Edited by EPICMAN118

It's like you read my mind!

The truth is, I am the neural sentry.

I'm not sure if it'd be cooler if they had some squirming, writhing idle animations - slow ones, with sudden spasms like a staticky television - or if it just didn't idle at all, like a Slenderman sighting.

Either way, it should absolutely be kind of creature that you look at and just think "This is not natural."

This needs to be something that just happens, the players wont get the drop on it. It starts subtly. The lights will slowly dim then the sobs and screams come in.

It materializes through a wall. And either screws over a player with a huge opener attack, or comes in with multiple minion units.

This needs to be something scary when it happens. Add a new mystery element to the void.

I really like your idea, but how would they attack? I would suggest they would both shot a pulsing blast of dark energy and have energy claws like valkyr but darker and more legal looking or they could have a solidified shadow for a sword.

I think they should be the void equivalent of stalker. In terms that they should be powerful. But not spawn like stalker where you have to kill a boss or support somebody. They could span randomly in hordes in the voice in 5 or more. I want these to kill me a high level player so that there a challenge.

I really like your idea, but how would they attack? I would suggest they would both shot a pulsing blast of dark energy and have energy claws like valkyr but darker and more legal looking or they could have a solidified shadow for a sword.

I think they should be the void equivalent of stalker. In terms that they should be powerful. But not spawn like stalker where you have to kill a boss or support somebody. They could span randomly in hordes in the voice in 5 or more. I want these to kill me a high level player so that there a challenge.

I like the dark energy blast idea.

I imagine it warping the air around it as it travels, making distortions around it as it moves.

I think that it should do have a mostly ranged arsenal including energy blasts and debuffs like it says in the OP... but the melee attack should, instead of its obvious energy-blasting arms, be a large ethereal arm or mass of tentacles (or arm made of tentacles) shot out of its "mouth", with a very negative effect on impact like life-drain or a menagerie of statuses. 

Or maybe just grabbing the victim and trying to rip out their soul, stunning them a la Well of Life (maybe even using them as a shield?) and gradually draining them until an ally attacks and interrupts the Wrathi.

The horrifying image being that whatever is possessing the mass of flesh decides to come out of its shell for a moment to cause to you what was done to it.

Edited by Archwizard

• 1 month later...