Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tougher Areas = Bleeding To Death

(PSN)Killerworld

Can't do the new event, I have excalibur rank 30 with 280% vitality and shields at 580 shield points..Before the new damage system, i made it solo to europa and saturn... now going anywhere beyond venus is instant death or if i get frustrated i go play online so i can manage to get something. Everytime i get hit i get bleed damage, no healing aura makes it impossible for defense and worse if hellion explodes near me, losing health to 250 or less. So how does everyone i've seen go through levels like its surfing season, killing room full of baddies without frame ultimates and not get hit bad enough  from their rushing. How do others play without rhino or oberon/trinity? 

Can't do the new event, I have excalibur rank 30 with 280% vitality and shields at 580 shield points..Before the new damage system, i made it solo to europa and saturn... now going anywhere beyond venus is instant death or if i get frustrated i go play online so i can manage to get something. Everytime i get hit i get bleed damage, no healing aura makes it impossible for defense and worse if hellion explodes near me, losing health to 250 or less. So how does everyone i've seen go through levels like its surfing season, killing room full of baddies without frame ultimates and not get hit bad enough  from their rushing. How do others play without rhino or oberon/trinity? 

They have more shield, better weapons and probably more experience.

You will get there - until then, get Rhino if you find it too challenging (but quit him before you get too soft).

Better weapons and weapon mods helps a ton.  Most enemies die before they get more than a shot off, if they even get that much, once you've got your damage cranked up.  Beyond that, making use of cover, rejuv aura, some sort of enemy detection (so you know where they are and therefore have an easier time killing them before they can shoot at you), powers (Decoy, Molt, Shield, Shock, Invis, Radial Blind, etc), and so on.  You could also add Vigor to your build for an extra 120% health/shields, providing a bigger buffer.  As does playing a higher hp frame (Saryn, Zephyr).  Speed also helps.  When you blitz past mobs,only killing those conveniently placed or necessary to succeed, they get much less of a chance to shoot at you, and what shots they do take tend to miss.  So part of it is that rushing makes rushing possible.  But when you can't rush, use cover.

Bleeds can still accumulate over the course of a long mission, of course, but overall, avoiding taking hits keeps it down.  And that mostly amounts to killing things before they can bleed you.

Also, on the healing front, Nekros can generate a lot of health orbs.

Edited by Axterix13

The post above by axterix is good advice.

The #1 killer of Tenno is being surrounded. Any enemy in the game can whittle any level appropriate frame down to 0 in seconds.

Cover is temporary...make sure to keep checking your rear. Kill quickly and keep moving, as enemies will keep spawning from all sides.

Practice on extermination missions, where enemies don't respawn.

Learn how to slide and air dash.

And the importance of a powerful weapon cannot be overstated, in everything besides late-game missions, offense is defense.

Kill fast. Go forth and reclaim your power, Tenno. Good luck!

try medium health restores, you can build them with polymer bundles and nano spores and they're healing 100 health on deployment and 300 health distributed evenly over 3 ticks. they can save your life and sustain you though tough solo missions. when you're on your own better be prepared. also grab some energy and maybe even shield restores (yes... really) if you're unsure, better have them and don't need them than the other way around.

keep mobile, strafe while you shoot and jump around a bit to keep from getting hit so many times. don't run into the middle of the enemy (unless you plan on ulting) and use cover when your shield goes down.

As for the others that you see, they might have a sentinel with Guardian, it restores your shields when they go down, they might have a Soma, which pretty much one-shots anything before Uranus/Phobos/Europa, and/or they might have a frame with higher base shields/health/armor with their mods at higher ranks than you.

as for the above suggestions, I completely disagree with Phil, Rhino ruins newer players and makes every other frame feel like it is made of paper, DO NOT get Rhino until you are experienced with squishier frames or you will never be able to play another frame again.

How do others play without rhino or oberon/trinity? 

Use the mod equilibrium, it lets you get health pick-up from blue orbs. This is not an ideal option for most, but it works as a means of health restoration.

Grineer need to be taken a bit more seriously than the other faction. The bleed effect makes taking even small hits a sure-fire way to run out of health. Using cover is a good idea, as is anything else that limits the time they have to shot you.

Edited by LazyKnight