The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Investigator Should Not Use Codex Scanner Charges.

Brimir

Would you rather have your codex out and struggling to scan a moving enemy WHILE him and his friends are filling you with holes?

Yes. Simply because

a. I'm guaranteed a scan

b. I can select my own target

The scanners exist to be a limiting factor. They're ultra cheap, but you can only carry 100 at a time.

If the scannerbot didn't use up scans, it'd firstly discourage people from using/buying the scanners, and, secondly, eliminate the limiting factor that DE felt the need to build in.

At 20 credits per scan, it's obviously not a resource sync, and there's no practical reason why it couldn't just be an unlimited use item.

The limitation is intentional, so the scannerbot shouldn't break that.

If codex scanners were expensive or hard to come by, or you were highly limited in how many you could carry, you might have a point, but there's literally nothing keeping you from buying as many scans as you want beyond the boredom of clicking, and you can hold 100 scans at once.

If your scannerbot is actually eating through scanners faster than you can reach what you intended to scan, then yeah, it's not for you, but I would take that as a personal issue, not a scannerbot thing. There's usually not that much stuff to scan.

Edited by Llyssa

That would be a bit over doing it since Helios CAN fight and is a sentinel, so it can do other things, added in it can scan while you're shooting up enemies, even if it does suck at it.

Would you rather have your codex out and struggling to scan a moving enemy WHILE him and his friends are filling you with holes?

Well scanning enemies yourself is MUCH easier than letting Helios do it. He takes 3 times longer than a player takes to get the scanner out, aim, start and finish scanning, put the scanner away and then kill the enemy.

Not to mention that when Helios does start scanning, he usually kills the enemy, or the enemy dies in some way long before the scan is finished. It's a pointless sentinel, and isn't helpful.

scanners are cheap.  I'm sitting on money that isn't going anywhere till I have enough cores to rank up a mod.   So...

The issue is what now?

_edit-

Pretty sure DE stated at a point, they were going to look at how helios scanned things..  and even look at making it so you couldn't scan things you already have full scans off.    (don't quote me on that.  Can't remember where I read or heard that from_

Edited by Tveoh

It is just unnecessary. It removes any and all advantage you would get from it.

Except for the grustrag 3 scans I get when I'm fighting them. Y'know, that's actually a bit of a hassle, whipping out your scanner, and dodging them long enough to take a photo while they're running around shooting at you. It's not a healthy or wise decision.

On the other hand, letting my sentinel scan them for me while I'm busy fighting is really, really easy.

Except for the grustrag 3 scans I get when I'm fighting them. Y'know, that's actually a bit of a hassle, whipping out your scanner, and dodging them long enough to take a photo while they're running around shooting at you. It's not a healthy or wise decision.

On the other hand, letting my sentinel scan them for me while I'm busy fighting is really, really easy.

You act like scanning is the hardest thing in the world.

It is both much easier and faster to do it yourself.

Especially since Helios was dropped on it's mechanical head as a baby.

You act like scanning is the hardest thing in the world.

It is both much easier and faster to do it yourself.

Especially since Helios was dropped on it's mechanical head as a baby.

You never actually tried scanning the g3, have you?