Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Evidence Do We Have That Supports The Creation Of The Neo-Technocyte Virus By The Orokin?

Sanillo

No, I'm referencing this from the website's lore:

The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth. 

That means that the TENNO are decedents from Earth. Not the Orokin.

>"We know...[etc]"

Except none of that is confirmed or at all sound based on current information. That sounds like old speculation you were reading on the wiki.

The infested were created by the Sentients. That much we we know. If you read the Excalibur and Ember lore entries you'd know that the Tenno where altered by the strange properties of the void. Most likely, as hinted by Ember's lore entry, when the Orokin discovered this they started sending children into the void so that they'd acquire these powers and then train them from there. They were basically pulling a Halsey. (you'd know what I mean if you know about the Spartans from Halo.) We can't confirm this too solidly yet, but the Ember lore really pushes that idea.

We are supposed to get another origin lore entry today, according to Sheldon in the last stream. Hopefully it lets us know more.

Edited by SolidSp33d

That means that the TENNO are decedents from Earth. Not the Orokin.

Just what do you think that "ancient and mystical civilization" is?

The Tenno were "created" by the orokin. It says that the Tenno are the descendents of this civilization and that the civilization is from the Orokin era on Earth. The Orokin era is basically a period of Earth's history.

What's "Neo-technocyte"?

The Orokin created TC to be a weapon against the Sentient.

The timeline of where all this stuff is placed doesnt exist becasue it has not been told.

The Orokin created different things to try to stop the Sentient and the Infested was one, the Tenno was another which the suits the used are based on the TC virus.

What's "Neo-technocyte"?

The timeline of where all this stuff is placed doesnt exist becasue it has not been told.

The Orokin created different things to try to stop the Sentient and the Infested was one, the Tenno was another which the suits the used are based on the TC virus.

The suits clearly have organic parts but they probably aren't alive the way the infested are. Like making body armor out of giant spider silk. They're pissed because our space ninja outfits are made out of their cousin steve.

>"We know...[etc]"

Except none of that is confirmed or at all sound based on current information. That sounds like old speculation you were reading on the wiki.

The infested were created by the Sentients. That much we we know. If you read the Excalibur and Ember lore entries you'd know that the Tenno where altered by the strange properties of the void. Most likely, as hinted by Ember's lore entry, when the Orokin discovered this they started sending children into the void so that they'd acquire these powers and then train them from there. They were basically pulling a Halsey. (you'd know what I mean if you know about the Spartans from Halo.) We can't confirm this too solidly yet, but the Ember lore really pushes that idea.

We are supposed to get another origin lore entry today, according to Sheldon in the last stream. Hopefully it lets us know more.

I don't deny this. The advent of any psyhic abilities in the Tenno ARE from the void. However information supplied by Dark Sector, and in tidbits- in Warframe, tell us that the suit that the Tenno wear are a result from the combined efforts of human technology and the technocyte virus.

All in all, what I said is valid. I am not trying to say that the Tenno were not sent into the void, or experimented on. They certainly were. However I DO dispute the notion that the Orokin are human, or completely humanoid for that matter. The only information we have is that at some point in the history of the solar system they were introduced and became the ruling class of a species of humans which were later engineered into the Tenno.

Just what do you think that "ancient and mystical civilization" is?

The Tenno were "created" by the orokin. It says that the Tenno are the descendents of this civilization and that the civilization is from the Orokin era on Earth. The Orokin era is basically a period of Earth's history.

Hurbis.

You have to remember that this is far into the future. From the persepctive of the Tenno, or any lesser race, no other words would describe how far along the Orokin were in terms of technological advancement. As prood of thier accomplishments they were even able to access the void in the first place.

So yes, it was a great civilization. So was Rome, but that doesn't mean it originated in our solar system, just like the Romans didn't originate from Asia or Britain.

The Orokin era, is not a point in Earth's history, is it a period of history of the solar system. The only information we have about the Orokin interest in Earth in particular was the collection and engineering of DNA from it. Finally, yes, you are right saying the Tenno were created by the Orokin. However that only serves to strengthen my point. The Orokin are clearly inhumane in several aspects- whether they were aliens, ascended beings, or AI- we do not know. What we do know is that Tenno were created from genetic engineering, and then given supernatural abilities through immersion in the void. Why they got these abilites- even the Orokin didn't know.

Orokin =/= Tenno.

What's "Neo-technocyte"?

I pre-faced the Technocyte virus with neo to differenciate the strain that is currently in the Warframe universe (supposedly), from the one that originated on Earth during the events in Dark Sector- as that was the original Technocyte virus.

I don't deny this. The advent of any psyhic abilities in the Tenno ARE from the void. However information supplied by Dark Sector, and in tidbits- in Warframe, tell us that the suit that the Tenno wear are a result from the combined efforts of human technology and the technocyte virus.

All in all, what I said is valid. I am not trying to say that the Tenno were not sent into the void, or experimented on. They certainly were. However I DO dispute the notion that the Orokin are human, or completely humanoid for that matter. The only information we have is that at some point in the history of the solar system they were introduced and became the ruling class of a species of humans which were later engineered into the Tenno.

Hurbis.

You have to remember that this is far into the future. From the persepctive of the Tenno, or any lesser race, no other words would describe how far along the Orokin were in terms of technological advancement. As prood of thier accomplishments they were even able to access the void in the first place.

So yes, it was a great civilization. So was Rome, but that doesn't mean it originated in our solar system, just like the Romans didn't originate from Asia or Britain.

The Orokin era, is not a point in Earth's history, is it a period of history of the solar system. The only information we have about the Orokin interest in Earth in particular was the collection and engineering of DNA from it. Finally, yes, you are right saying the Tenno were created by the Orokin. However that only serves to strengthen my point. The Orokin are clearly inhumane in several aspects- whether they were aliens, ascended beings, or AI- we do not know. What we do know is that Tenno were created from genetic engineering, and then given supernatural abilities through immersion in the void. Why they got these abilites- even the Orokin didn't know.

Orokin =/= Tenno.

We do not know whether or not the Tenno are Orokin. We know the Orokin bleed. That's enough to know that they aren't robots or AI. Other than that, we don't know whether they're human or not. I think they are. You think they aren't. What do I go off of? The fact that they bleed (Stalker says so) and Ember's Codex page. Given how the context seems to match up with the Orokin taking the "twisted few" and how the military in that codex page are really described like a human military, I'd say that it's the Orokin in that lore, that the Zariman, Kaleen, the children, their families, and the military officers there are Orokin, and that by extension the Tenno were Orokin, which I see as human - Orokin being the name of the Empire/Imperial citizens and not the name of the species.

First of all, Dark Sector has long since retconned in terms of lore. The events in Dark Sector are not in the same universe or continuity as Warframe. DE has confirmed this in livestreams. I repeat, do not look to Dark Sector for lore. It is the spiritual predecessor to Warframe, a good comparison I heard was like what Demon Souls is to Dark Souls.

Second, it is confirmed by Geoff in one of the more recent livestreams that the Sentients will be much more inhuman than the other factions, Infestation included. One thing I just thought of that could give a hint as to what the sentients actually are:

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses.

This could mean that the Sentients were some sort of computer AI, because of the mentioning of technology and weapons being turned against them. Even their name, "Sentients" would make sense for a faction of malicious computer AIs/proxies that were created by the Orokin themselves, or from elsewhere in the galaxy. This could also include Lotus, because of her spoiling to be an AI, except she never went rogue. "Upload me" in mobile defense missions is also a clue.

The Orokin are heavily implied to be human, because the Tenno and other factions are described as "descendants" of them. The Orokin might be the closest to humanity as we know it, in a far-flung future after rapid expansion to other planets. Ember's lore is also worded in such a way that nothing implies the Orokin weren't human. After their fall, smaller factions emerged from them, the most prominent being the Grineer and the Corpus. The former possibly being their military force and the latter maybe the financial/scientific elite.

The Infestation used to be described as "an active strand of the Technocyte virus." When Lotus talks to you about Lephantis, she describes it as "a beast that fought in an ancient war." This implies the Orokin War against the Sentients, and since then Lephantis, as described by Lotus, has been infesting more and more organic mass to grow to its enormous size.

Well, since Hayden Tenno's suit officially exists in the lore now, predating the Orokin Empire, it's now safe to say that the origins of the virus are the same as the Dark Sector game.

Or it's an Easter Egg. DE never makes sense.

The big question is:

What does the "Old War" mean? Lephantis was apparently created by the Orokin to fight in the "Old War". Could it have been the Orokin v. Sentients conflict?

Probably.

Especially with the old Lore-function tracing the outbreak of the virus to just before the fall of the Orokin.

Then the second big question is:

Is the information in the old Lore-function still official, or has it been scrapped?

Edited by Brimir

The big question is:

What does the "Old War" mean? Lephantis was apparently created by the Orokin to fight in the "Old War". Could it have been the Orokin v. Sentients conflict?

Probably.

Especially with the old Lore-function tracing the outbreak of the virus to just before the fall of the Orokin.

Then the second big question is:

Is the information in the old Lore-function still official, or has it been scrapped?

I would assume it's the war with the Sentients, as there aren't any other wars worth noting at the moment.

What do you mean by "Lore-function?"

I would assume it's the war with the Sentients, as there aren't any other wars worth noting at the moment.

What do you mean by "Lore-function?"

Scroll up a bit and you'll see a screenshot.

It is what used to be in place rather than the Codex.

I kinda miss it; it had a lot of backstory on the enemy factions that didn't make it into the Codex.

Scroll up a bit and you'll see a screenshot.

It is what used to be in place rather than the Codex.

I kinda miss it; it had a lot of backstory on the enemy factions that didn't make it into the Codex.

Oh yes! I remember that. :P