The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Since 12.4.6 Fps Problems

BierWurstGER

Sorry for my english .. :3

since 12.4.6 I have FPS problems and that massive. I had always before my 50 fps during a mission and the menu always 59-60. 

Now I have about 34 FPS in the menu and in the game sometimes only 8-30 FPS .. I had earlier in wave 100, now I have the at the start of the mission. 

I have not changed hardware and software. What I noticed is that the frame time Exrtem has increased in contrast before .. 

My GPU usage is at 6-9% GPU temp is always at 60 ° C, CPU usage is at max. 50% in a mission .. 

GTX 675M, 16GB Ram, i7-3610QM CPU@2.30GHz, Win 7 64bit 

So what's the problem? 

I've been having serious issues on my laptop (granted it's like 5 years old, but it was good at the time). I used to be able to play the game on 1920x1080 mostly smoothly. Now I have to have all setting turned off or on low and play at 1280x720 and i still get a frame time of 30ms+ on my laptop. My desktop has a frame time of like 5-10ms.

I have noticed a couple things

1) Syandana physics kill frame time/fps. I unequipped mine and got an extra 10 fps on my laptop. When playing solo with no syandana and no enemies on the map (pre-defense) I have an acceptable 30ms frame time and 30fps.

2) When there are 3 other syandanas on the screen though, i drop to 50ms frame time and 15 fps sometimes. That may have to do with the game having to process the actions of 3 other people in addition to 3 syandanas though. (because my internet is plenty fast enough to host)

3) Warframe eats RAM. I was using 80-90%. Granted, my laptop only has 4gb RAM so what I did was I plugged in a 16gb USB 3.0 flash drive and assigned it all to ready boost. Ready boost helps tremendously when you have applications using a lot of RAM.

4) The menus are not a good place to test your frame time. It's very easy to render. even for my crap laptop. Actual game play varies greatly. Especially online.  (as mentioned before)

3) Warframe eats RAM. I was using 80-90%. Granted, my laptop only has 4gb RAM so what I did was I plugged in a 16gb USB 3.0 flash drive and assigned it all to ready boost. Ready boost helps tremendously when you have applications using a lot of RAM.

That is true, but you should also remember that it might shorten the lifespan of your flash drive (though not in all cases and not that drastically)

That is true, but you should also remember that it might shorten the lifespan of your flash drive (though not in all cases and not that drastically)

One might think so with flash drives only supporting a certain number of write cycles. But microsoft (suprisingly) thought of that. Readyboost was design specifically to not impact the life span of a flash drive.

And even if it does, it'll be like you said; not drastic.

I'd also like to point out to the OP that since you have 16gb of RAM this is moot to you anyway :3

Edited by SteeleTheShow

ive noticed a fps issue and thought id get to some problem hunting.

1) Run/Host an online defence mission solo, no fps issues at all at any time.

2) Run/Host an online defence mission online, no fps issues at all at any time even with 3 others joined.

then we have this

3) join another persons game on the same defence map ive just moments ago had no problems with, starts off ok then performance starts to drop through the floor gradually, as if my own FPS is being dragged down by the host or some other issue caused by me connecting to some1 else.

4) joined nothing but games where im not host in orokin derelict, orokin void as well as regular starmap games, every single time, my fps drops through the floor while im connected to some other host in any map, and even if it does start off ok, after a short while it all starts to degrade pretty fast causing all players if in def/surv to exit quickly before we get a disconnect/migration/etc.

so for me, the huge lag issues seem directly related to joining other peoples hosted games, if im host im fine every time, if im solo im fine every time, so it seems to be a client to host problem somewhere.

okay thanks to the guy "JariWeis" .. :)

Solar map : 60 + FPS

Option menue: 90 + FPS

Mission alone (Privat or Solo): 50-60 + FPS

Mission alone (Online and Host) 50-60+ FPS

Mission With other players (Online and Host) 40-50 + FPS

Mission with other players (Online amd join other Host) 30-50 + FPS

Change my settings:

Launcher:

u3kdmejf.jpg

InGameSettings

vkwzcfw6.jpg