Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dojo] Modular Obstacle Course ((X-Post))

Alantar

((I originally posted this on the Dojo Feedback section but thought it would get more traffic here. If a mod wants to move/edit/delete either of my posts I understand.))

Overview: 

The obstacle course is one of the two current "activity" rooms, but it has seen little to no rework since its implementation. It also a very unsocial aspect of the dojo, with no ability to view the full course unless running through it. My suggestion is to allow for modular building of the obstacle course to create a new form of play content, as well as an observation deck to allow others to view the techniques the players utilize to traverse the course.

Modular Building:

Currently the obstacle course is a static room. If it was possible to implement current and possibly new obstacles through a modular system, new life would be brought to this room.

E11F7jk.png

Above:

I simple layout for an obstacle course that can use modular building (within current room size). The modules could range in size from one to four "lengths". Modules could be completely encased to avoid exploits and feature windows or cameras to allow a view from the observation deck.

Observation Deck:

A large area with windows or screens adorning the walls. This space could also hold decorations unlike the current room. 

From Floor to Deck:

With an observation deck above, an elevator could lead up from the entrance. 

Conclusion:

The obstacle course has been lacking all the other updates to the dojo. With a modular system, more excitement could be brought into this space. There are many other ideas that could be incorporated with this concept (multiple runners/betting/using powers) but a new base system needs to be implemented first.

Edited by Alantar

This'd be pretty damn cool in my opinion. It'd give each clan a "unique" Obstacle course as they have the power to swap and match a large, diverse course. There would have to be a large variety of options for each "style" of module. 

I think there should be the option of how many modules are in the obstacle course (5 minimum, 13 maximum).

Each Module has to be "researched" before it can be "purchased". After the module has been researched, you can place 1 on the obstacle course per 1 you buy. If you Remove a module from the obstacle course, it isn't destroyed, and you don't have to purchase it again.

(i.e. Research Run Modules. Buy 4 Halls and place 3 on the track. You then have 1 extra. If you wish, you can remove 1 from the track to have 2 extra.)

Below, in the spoiler tag, is a list of "module variants" I have thought up.

Module options: Each Module has several variations

Run Modules: Simple modules that do not hold any/many tricks.

-Hall (a straight corridor, wide path)

-Bridges (Several straight, narrow routes)

-Zig-Zag (A long zig-zaging, narrow path that has sharp turns)
-Snake (A long curved, medium-narrow path that has slow turns)

-Maze (A straight corridor, parts of the floor may rise, blocking the Tenno's path)

-Mountain (a route that forces the player to move up, then down a "mountain")

Jump Modules: simple modules that require the player to jump at least once to reach the end

-Gap (A simple Jump Module with a fair sized gap between two paths)
-Falling Floor(A straight corridor, parts of the floor may fall, forcing the Tenno to choose a different path)

-Pillars (A string of tall pillars that the Tenno must jump across to pass)

-Moving Pillars (A string of tall, moving pillars that the Tenno must jump across to pass)

Parkour Modules: modules that require the player to use parkour at least once to reach the end

-Valley (a floor-less corridor with 2 walls. The Tenno must wall run to pass)

-Danger Valley (A floor-less corridor with 2 walls. The walls may fall apart forcing the Tenno to jump across to the other wall to pass)

-Wall (A tall, vertical wall run that needs the player to climb to pass)
-Double Wall (A taller vertical wall climb that requires the Tenno to jump to a second wall behind them to reach the top)

-Danger Wall (A tall vertical wall climb. The wall may fall apart at places, requiring the Tenno to jump to the opposite wall)

Combination Modules: difficult modules that require the player to use skill to reach the end

-Large Gap (A Gap-based module, where the player has to move a lot faster to cover the gap as  the gravity is increased and the player will fall quickly)

-House (A large box with several "rooms" inside. The rooms are fairly cluttered, slowing the Tenno down)

-Quicksand (a wide corridor with the floor constantly sinking. Tenno caught on the floor will be slowed, and dragged under)

-Frosted (A Danger Valley-based module with a cold-debuff, making the Tenno slower, forcing them to think fast to ensure they don't fall)

-Closed Door (A long corridor, with a door at the end. the roof slowly falls down, forcing the Tenno to rush or be crushed)

-Spinner (A corridor that spins quickly, forcing the Tenno to time the jump to get on, then time the jump to reach the end)

-Pin Pillars (Pillar-based module where the pillars are much thinner and more difficult to land on)

-Moving Pin Pillars (Moving Pillar-based module where the pillars are much thinner and more difficult to land on)

Those with the power may place the modules where they wish (i.e. hall-gap-hall-moving pillars-house-hall-danger wall), and when they wish to alter the obstacle course, it'll take 1 minute per module to change it, during which the obstacle course is blocked off (makes it easier so you don't have to make visuals for the adaptions).

Edited by MagiTwister