Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios So Annoyingly Stupid

Mogwhi

Last week I equipped the Helios and it was so so, I prefer the carrier just for the fact is picks up stuff for me.

The Helios I didn't mind, I was only going to get it and rank it up to 30 as I have ranked everything else. I did like the idea that it would scan using codex scanners in your inventory.

I figured that the Investigator Mod would increase scan speed and distance, and it was fun to see it burn through 30-50 codex scanners on anything and everything.

I thought that this was a good idea because those who are new to the game could keep this mod card unfused and not burn through as many codex scanners and the pros who have lots of money and nearly everything scanned in there codex really wouldn't mind Fusing the mod card to max so that it did use a lot of scanners on everything.

Today I re-equipped the Helios because there are a few enemies I have missing from my codex and I decided to run some missions in order to get these guys.

OMG what a POS something has changed, I was stood in front of 8 enemies letting them hit me did the Helios scan any of them. NO it decided to scan the console, the other console, the container.

Ok not a problem, I can tank these enemies but Oh dear god what the hell. The Helios didn't scan each item in 1 go, no it took 3 or more attempts to scan an inanimate object that cant move, run, duck or hide.

I actually figured out that because the Helios has an eye piece that constantly moves, the eye piece moves away from the object is it scanning which breaks the scan cycle.

Please DE or whoever has coded the Helios please add some code that when the Helios is actually scanning something or someone it will lock onto that target and complete the scan before it going back to its roving eye search again.

Edited by Mogwhi

unless there is a massive boost to the damage output of his unique weapon there is not saving this sentinel.

even if the mods were working properly on its weapon the damage output would be sub-par when compared to the sweeper or deth machine rifle.

and he ability is complete novelty, if you do decide you LOVE the fact that he scans everything and fills out the codex for you and gives you all that info you can just go get on the wiki then cool, but in a month or so when he has scanned everything for you then that abil just becomes completely useless.....

so, short attack range, horrible weapon (even if fixed) and an overall worthless ability. this is a really COOL sentinel that really sucks. 

In reply to StevengarCronox Since I cant get quote to work.

It would be really nice if the Helios did that. My main reason for wanting to use is it against New bosses, and enemies like the G3 who I still need to scan and Hyena pack. I though that while I was fighting them, I wouldn't have to worry about trying to scan them too.

Seems that isn't going to be possible at the moment

Edited by Mogwhi

It should take your codex into account and scan the things you are missing.

If they can't that working, it should just scan fast and not use codex charges.

Plus bring back the ability to see all nearby enemies through walls with the scanner-pings...

That was pretty useful and would give us a reason to use that sentinel.