Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Vs Gorgon: Your Thoughts

slendersoul

Question

8 answers to this question

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but level them both and find out for yourself. Each has its own style and you'll find the one that matches you best as you level it. I slightly prefer the gorgon, but the nerf did bring its awesomeness down a notch.

I don't mean this to sound snarky, but level them both and find out for yourself. Each has its own style and you'll find the one that matches you best as you level it. I slightly prefer the gorgon, but the nerf did bring its awesomeness down a notch.

Part of the reason why a forum is in place for games like this is for people to gain both true and opinionated information on certain aspects of the game they're playing. djpattiecake's question is a completely valid one.

As for the question, at this moment in time I have to say the Boltor. Currently with the same mods, it does more damage (for me, at least) than the gorgon, while the gorgon just eats up a ton of ammo. Mileage may vary, however.

Edited by SoulEchelon

what if I told you, you can put Ap mods on the Boltor as well? *dramatic music*

it will incress its damage just like it should and benefit it as well.

i'm getting 240+ damage headshot on courps with my Boltor, per bullet. (Grineer and infested also get what they deserve)

Edited by EagleRise

Yeah I didn't want to imply it wasn't a valid question, but since the OP owns both, my recommendation is level them both to 30. Plus you get mastery points for doing it, for swag. :) In the past, I frequently would switch between them. With the current state of rifles in the game, if I'm not ranking up something else, I use a Hek, because it's a one-hit boom cannon.

what if I told you, you can put Ap mods on the Boltor as well? *dramatic music*

it will incress its damage just like it should and benefit it as well.

i'm getting 240+ damage headshot on courps with my Boltor, per bullet. (Grineer and infested also get what they deserve)

wait a sec, AP mods on boltor increases its damage? weird....