The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Apparently I'm A Brony Now...huh. Well Ok Then.

Justin_Case001

Tl;dr bronies have made trying to find and engage in things relating to MLP unsafe for children and women, watch Steven Universe.

Pretty much this.

A bunch of sad, purposeless neckbeards basically invaded a franchise meant for little girls and camped in it long enough to the point where they started believing it's supposed to be for them and then started demanding that the show cater to them instead of who it's originally for while perverting and corrupting it.

The sad part is, it's starting to work. This whole "coming out of the stable" crap that they do is undermining the efforts of the LGBTQA community to gain basic human rights that have been taken from them. They take something as serious as that and turn it into a joke. There's even an awful documentary about bronies out there. 

I have zero tolerance and no respect for bronies and people who call themselves such, and I will not give someone the benefit of the doubt for claiming to "not be like the other bronies," because that's not even addressing the actual issue. That's just grasping at straws and trying to distance yourself from the problem. And the attitudes I see from people who say that still fall in line with the mainstream bronies, to a lesser degree. They're basically "brony lite," if such a thing exists. It's one thing to like MLP, and it's another to be a brony.

I will reiterate that I am truly sorry that there are those that corrupt and pervert the show.  And I will reiterate that I will make the distiction of saying I'm an MLP fan but not a brony, if that would be less offensive.  The fact that many bronies have made MLP related media unsafe for children and women is very sad, but it doesn't mean that I should not be allowed to like the show.  I'm not like those other people, and I don't appreciate being told that I am.

I would also like to apologize to anyone who feels like I'm shoving MLP in their face.  That was not my intention.  I merely wanted to tell my story and give my theories as to why liking the show is, but shouldn't be, controversial.  I never said that other people have to like it just because I do.  I apologize if it annoys anyone just to see a thread about this subject.  I never meant to spam the community or offend or annoy anyone.  I just wanted to try to make some kind of positive difference, because I never have before.

No one told you that you're like those people. We told you that that's what bronies are like, what's associated with the name, why it's controversial, and that you shouldn't want to be associated with that name. No one's insulting you, or saying that you're not allowed to like anything. In fact men liking children's cartoons has gone on for a long time, it's never been particularly controversial until now, so it's clearly coming from a reason aside from just that.

Ok.  Thank you.