The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Chatting On Forums

Marshall

Yes, this thread was born out of annoyance : |

Can you guys use acronyms and abbreviations more wisely, please?

Many expressions like op, oc, pm, blabla get fuacked up because these terms do not have fixed meanings! This applies to any abbreviation!

+ OP can mean original poster, over powered or something else

+ OC can mean original content, over clocked or something else

+ PM can mean private message, post meridiem or something else

We are not in a dang chat room!

Cannot people take some time to express their ideas or intentions more cleary?

>>> In addition: Don't commence private conversations that are off-topic in threads!

It is easy to write Random Number Generator to prevent confusion from Really Nice Guy, Ramen Noodle Girl, Range River Gold when meaning RNG.

These were just examples to illustrate my point. I have to make this clear because some folks don't get what examples are good for.

thanks for your time and your efforts

+ TRSS

>>> I have no idea what I am doing <<<

OP can you PM me about how Nova is OP? I just can't seem to get over the RNG of T3s even when using my OP frames. I saw a thread and the OP said Soma is OP but personally I like my Boltor P. I appreciate this thread because it's OC but it is kind of futile trying to regulate the acronyms/abbreviations people use.

Edited by JessicaAlba

Can you guys use acronyms and abbreviations more wisely, please?

Many expressions like op, oc, pm, blabla get fuacked up because these terms do not have fixed meanings! This applies to any abbreviation!

+ OP can mean original poster, over powered or something else

+ OC can mean original content, over clocked or something else

+ PM can mean private message, post meridiem or something else

We are not in a dang chat room!

Cannot people take some time to express their ideas or intentions more cleary?

>>> In addition: Don't commence private conversations that are off-topic in threads!

I think you mean by the first part is to use abbreviations in context. 

the second part, human nature. As long as it's not total derailment  in to casual conversation and at least tangential to the discussion of the thread I see no problem.

Context is a useful thing to read, OP.

Yes, there is context.

I hope you know the difference between reading text on the Internet or talking naturally to a person. Lots of additional information that can be provided by speaking - though this gets lost in written form. Sarcasm is easier to spot during a dialog than in a text (another example here).

The same goes for abbreviations and acronyms on the Internet because anybody submits any information at any time that does not necessarily refer to the original topic but people think the opposite.

One time in a mission someone mentioned "B Prime" and I was like, "Do you mean Boar Prime, Bronco Prime, Boltor Prime, Braton Prime, or Burston Prime?"

Good point!