Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Honoring The System Screenshot Contest!

[DE]Megan

1D7Ldcm.jpg

Paris and Syandana are kinda doin' their own thing.

I'm getting tired of saying this but... they said that you must upload a photo of you alone. not of you with another enemy and not of you with another player. Just you alone :P

Not sure if anyone is going to read this, but I'd like a to give a few tips for taking quality screenies (in my opinion, anyway).

• Turn off your HUD and FPS! It looks nicer when you don't have any clutter to mess with your screenshot. To do this, enter into the options menu (the cog up in the top-right corner of your screen. Go to the "HUD" tab, and click the first two options "Show HUD" and "Show FPS".

• Motion blur can mess with your screenie, and make it look unsightly. To turn this option off, follow the instructions above, but this time, enter into the "Display" tab after going into the options menu.

• For the love of Lotus, please read the rules! Too many of you are posting screenies with enemies and/or allies in the shot. This is expressly against the rules of the contest. GG, peeps. Better read the rules next time!

Hopefully, this will help you catch the perfect shot! Good luck, and may the best Tenno win!

Not sure if anyone is going to read this, but I'd like a to give a few tips for taking quality screenies (in my opinion, anyway).

• Turn off your HUD and FPS! It looks nicer when you don't have any clutter to mess with your screenshot. To do this, enter into the options menu (the cog up in the top-right corner of your screen. Go to the "HUD" tab, and click the first two options "Show HUD" and "Show FPS".

• Motion blur can mess with your screenie, and make it look unsightly. To turn this option off, follow the instructions above, but this time, enter into the "Display" tab after going into the options menu.

• For the love of Lotus, please read the rules! Too many of you are posting screenies with enemies and/or allies in the shot. This is expressly against the rules of the contest. GG, peeps. Better read the rules next time!

Hopefully, this will help you catch the perfect shot! Good luck, and may the best Tenno win!

Also, if you play with the graphics turned down for a better framerate (like me), you might consider turning the graphics up as high as your hardware can display - this is a still image, so your framerate doesn't matter for the purposes of the contest. How nice everything looks probably does, though!

I also recommend doing various melee attacks while hammering F6 (screenshot key) at various camera angles. You can repeatedly tap H to keep the character in the center of the screen, and turning off 'Melee uses camera direction' in the options menu can help you to set up a good angle.

I got my entry by taking roughly 200 shots and choosing the best one.

Edited by UnearthedArcana