The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Choice For Factions

chaos_shaper

Question

So as the title stats, i would like some feedback from you guys about my weapon choice(i know how mod properly so i dont want feed back on that).Here is what i do most of the time.

Grineer defense/survival

Warframe/primary/secondary/meele:

Frost/boltor/dex furis/Galatine

Grineer everything else

Excalibur/boltor/dex furis/Orthos

Corpus everything:

Volt/karak/dex furis/Orthos

Infested everything

Rhino/gorgon/dex furis/Galatine

9 answers to this question

For Grineer I use my Saryn, all her damage types (except molts gas damage) are good against Grineer units. Your weapons are fine, I use a viral Manticore on Grineer up to a certain level.

For Corpus I use my frost because He takes out sheild fast with his Ice based attacks. I would use a more impact based secondary, like sicarus prime or brakk (i use those) and for melee the jat kitagg is hands down the best for Corpus right now.

For infested, use a slash based weapon, not a gorgon. Soma, braton and burston prime, vastos, etc. And frame can vary. I use Saryn for her molt to attract them and the gas damage is super effective.

i use gorgon for easy mow down i mean like look at that rate of fire

But gorgon is an impact weapon, impact is good against shields, infested do not have shields and they are vulnerable to slash damage, whether or not the gorgon has good fire rate (which all rifles can actually have...) slash damage would have bonus damage in each shot agaisnt infested. impact is good against corpus mostly.

And with the kickback of the gorgon you will probably be mowing them up not down :P (because the weapon tends to go up when it shots)

what slash based weapon would you suggest for a mid ranking player as you can see i only have thos 4 warframes and those 3 primary 

Farm for burston prime, It's my second favorite gun. But realistically... Drakgoon packs some serious punch with that slash damage. It's great for infested, even without a forma. I recently started using the torid because of the visual overhaul and combined with Molt is does work on infested. Iginis should be good since you can have a gas damage cannon, I haven't used it though. Tigris is okay, The damage is great but the constant reload is definitely a tradeoff. Flux rifle is also purely slash. Not sure what else. I use karak too but I heavily modded mine. For secondaries I only use dual vastos for infested most of the time.

Ecalibur is useful for infested. You can easily get away when swarmed and the radial javelin and slash dash are not bad since they do equal slash, impact, and puntucre. The slash bit of those are nice.

Edited by HandsOfnArtist