The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Psychic Bolts

Jin_Lightning

I don't know how to make this ability work with Nyx's theme. So I have a change idea.

What if Psychic Bolts was replaced with a skill that when you cast in on a singer target, a certain number of enemies in the nearby area turn and attack the marked target?

Maybe call it Allurement.

Basically, turn the enemy into a target, like casting Decoy, but letting the enemies do dmg to one of their own.

Balance it from Decoy by keeping it at 50 Energy to cast.

What do you guys think?

-Jin

Looks like you described a "second" mind control :p. Anyway, psychic bolts need some changes indeed.

I forgot to mention that it would be a burst of dmg, that would increase with strength mods. My bad.

It was just a quick thought. Psychic Bolts, I don't understand it.

-Jin

Edited by Jin_Lightning

Psychic bolts needs to go indeed, it's impractical and suffers from the "useless past mid-levels" syndrom^^'.

Alot of abilities suffer that, but even if it didn't Psychic Bolts just doesn't seem Nyx.

This was a shot in the dark, my idea. I honestly don't know what else to give Nyx. Maybe if Psychic Bolts disables that targets' special abilities, like the Grineer heavy units with their ground pound? Or the Ancients with any of THEIR abilities, the toxic auras, disrupting touch, and healing pulses.

How's that for Psychic Bolts? Still manipulative, fitting Nyx's profile.

-Jin

Psychic Bolts suck, but I got to admit it's not easy to come up with a psychic-like power that doesn't overlap with Mind Control, Chaos and Invisibility.

I think a team buff is not a bad idea

Hmm, that could work. What if this team buff increased shield recharge rate, or something along those lines?

-Jin

Shared Knowledge - for 50 energy all tenno within range share the effect of their ability mods (intensify, continuity, stretch, streamline and the corrupt versions) for their next cast.

So for example if in the whole team there's a total of 3 intensify, 2 continuity and 1 overextended when each player casts his next ability it will have +30% power, +60% duration and +90% range as if he were equipped with all those mods.

This may sound a bit op, but i think it would be on par with rhino roar because it affects only one cast, doesn't affect weapons, the negative of corrupt mods is also shared and the outcome of the power can be a bit unpredictable.

Edited by CubedOobleck

I don't know how to make this ability work with Nyx's theme. So I have a change idea.

What if Psychic Bolts was replaced with a skill that when you cast in on a singer target, a certain number of enemies in the nearby area turn and attack the marked target?

Maybe call it Allurement.

Basically, turn the enemy into a target, like casting Decoy, but letting the enemies do dmg to one of their own.

Balance it from Decoy by keeping it at 50 Energy to cast.

What do you guys think?

-Jin

Psychic bolts are quite weak and do not fit in well with Nyx either. Nyx is not a damage dealer, and does not need power increasing mods. Investing in power for Nyx is a waste, in my opinion.

To your suggestion, I would change it a bit like this.

The ability would cause the target to aggro the mobs against it, it will be invulnerable for a limited time, while all the damage it takes is accumulated. Eventually, the psychic energy of the target will break through its body, dealing back the damage it absorbed in the form of psychic bolts.

The bolts won't stagger or knock down targets. They will have punch through, instead.

The ability could be affected by duration (how long the target absorbs damage), range (how far the bolts will fly) and power mods (how many bolts and how much damage is returned).

The target is not necessarily killed/taken out of the circulation, instead it takes a fraction of the damage it receives during the effect of the ability. The damage can be higher at max ability.

At max ability, there will be X number of bolts, dealing 100% of the damage taken each. At the lowest power, each bolt deals only 10-25% of the damage taken, and only three bolts are released.

The damage is not that important. However, the utility would be real nice on high level survival maps. It would be your ticket out of a sticky situation. Instead of being focused upon, all fire is drawn towards a different target.

Alternatively, if the power is applied on a friendly Tenno, mobs will aggro against him/her. The ability will not deal damage to said Tenno, but it won't make him/her invulnerable, however the rest works the same. This could be put to good use in conjunction with tanks.

Edited by HansJurgen

i always wondered why nyx does not have more telekinetic powers.

the second power should be something like nyx taking an enemy, and uses it as a shield, like a portable volt's shield but with the enemy in front of you, floating.

the enemy gets damage from other enemies while protecting you, nyx still is all CC.

something like that.

i always wondered why nyx does not have more telekinetic powers.

the second power should be something like nyx taking an enemy, and uses it as a shield, like a portable volt's shield but with the enemy in front of you, floating.

the enemy gets damage from other enemies while protecting you, nyx still is all CC.

something like that.

That would be interesting. A rag doll ability working similarly to the gravity gun from Half Life. You can control the position of the unit using the mouse. If you release the fire button, it pushes it away from you causing it ragdoll damage, as well as anything else that it hits in its flight path.

The speed/strength at which a target is pushed away, as well as the time length you can hold it in front of you is influenced by the ability rank as well as duration and power mods.

The ability could also work on rockets, napalm rounds, seeker mines, rollers, which you could catch and then throw back at your attackers.

Edited by HansJurgen