Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captain's Box Of Ideas: Dojo Defense

TheMugbearer

So Dojo Defense is my vision of what would happen if Corpus or Grineer would discover your Clan's Dojo.

It works pretty much like Invasion: once in a while your Dojo will have an exclamation sigh over it which will allow you to begin the mission.

What is the purpose

Dojo has no means to defend itself. And if by occasion Lotus will let her guard down and let your Dojo's coordinates slip away, you expect some guests. That will bring even more interaction into the game and more purpose to have and defend your Dojo.

How to introduce it

Imagine yourself entering the Dojo. The lights are off except for the alert signals. The Lotus contacts you and says something like "Okay, we need move and quickly. Enemy demolish squad has planted several bombs in the Dojo, you need to disarm them until the time is off. I will mark the bombs, you take care of them. Good luck."

No matter if you are solo or with friends, you will go and find them bombs. The higher tier of your Clan, the more difficult it is to complete the mission.

How it should work (hypothetically)

A Tenno will join an exact replica of his Clan's Dojo as a separate, pre-built instance. He has no access to consoles and labs, but he can freely roam the Dojo, use elevators, open doors. Since Dojo could be REALLY large, it should be up to six Tenno per session to go on. The Dojo will have it's lights off almost completely (excluding emergency lighting and alarm signals).

What are the objectives

So now you are out for bomb hunt. Lotus will detect bombs one by one with time, so you shouldn't wait for all of them to pop on your screen. You need to:

a. Find the bomb.

b. Blast off the protective shielding (an actual shield in case of Corpus, a big hunk of metal in case of Grineer).

c. Hack into the bomb. Finish the hack in time in order to not to activate the fuse.

d1. If successful, proceed to the next one.

d2. If unsuccessful, take some damage from premature detonation and proceed anyway.

e. Defuse all the bombs before the global timer will go off.

What are complications

Of course, it's not that easy. First of all, there's enemy troops scattered across the rooms. And when you reach the bomb, you will get a squad of commandos on your head in order to stop you.

And the less bombs are left to defuse, the lesser will be the cipher timers on all remaining bombs.

What if good guys win

Well, at the very least - your Dojo is saved and Lotus has managed to remove all the info about your Dojo's location from Grineer or Corpus data banks.

All participants will get Lotus's thanks and a small but juicy prize (a Legendary Core maybe? Or a rare mod? Or the potato or Forma?)

What if bad guys win

Well, that sucks to be the one who lost. In addition, all rooms in which the bomb hasn't been defused are unaccessible (not necessary though, awaiting your suggestions) and all participants are automatically targeted by Grustrag Three or Harvester. Some other penalties?

Well, that's pretty much it. It's complex, it's (I hope) interesting, but not necessarily should be forwarded to DE to be implemented, but I see it as a good concept. I await your comments and critiques. =)

Captain out...

Maybe if you loose the Rooms where the bomb explored had to be rebuilded, of course only like half of the materials it would normally use and no forma. On top of that after some time (maybe a day or two) the enemy will attack again, if you loose again your will loose even more rooms. Primary targets of the demolition teams? Labs and Elevators.

The lv of the enemies depends on the tenno who join, the units that attack the dojo depend on how big and populated said clan is so low lv clans whit just a few people can actually defend themself.

Most of the Grineer bosses had mentioned our clans already so an attack on the clan dojos would be interresting.

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

Exterminate could be added

Maybe if you loose the Rooms where the bomb explored had to be rebuilded, of course only like half of the materials it would normally use and no forma.

I like the repair idea Edited by ukovalian

Then whast the encouragement on defending the Dojo if nothing will happen.... why would i take my time i could be using for farming materials if being defeated means nothing....

There has to be a consequense, if you lost that room and have to repair it its because your clan wasnt prepared for the attack.

Also why not been able to build defense systems while we are at it. Maybe a room where a mx of 3 Tenno will be monitoring the situation in the dojo and aiding their fellow Tenno operatives whit maybe Attack Drones, Turrets, Summoning cover and stuff.

Then whast the encouragement on defending the Dojo if nothing will happen.... why would i take my time i could be using for farming materials if being defeated means nothing....

True.

There has to be a consequense, if you lost that room and have to repair it its because your clan wasnt prepared for the attack.

Also why not been able to build defense systems while we are at it. Maybe a room where a mx of 3 Tenno will be monitoring the situation in the dojo and aiding their fellow Tenno operatives whit maybe Attack Drones, Turrets, Summoning cover and stuff.

Yeah, maybe you're right. But as I proposed, it could be just inability to use labs for some time. Anyway, I am not against your idea, I just overly careful. =)

As for defense support... why not placing defenses as if you were planning a tower defense? I mean, building traps and turrets decoration-style.

lol getting marked by G3/Harvy is a bad thing?

Well, lore-wise it should. I know that we see G3 and Harv as a source for mods, resources. parts and bps, but we still receive their marks as a warning that Corpus/Grineer are not to be messed with. :D

CM-CaptainGrey I know what you mean but my point is that there has to be consequenses from failing, like if you (ever) die to the Harvester you will be forced to do an escape misión where you have to recover your gear and get out. I would count the G3 devise as a threat but hahahaah its not... its more like an annoyance.

DE needs to learn to stop babysitting players and show them an actual challenge, to actually fear failure. We dont want Warframe to become the new WoW right? (im talking about how stupidly easy it is now).

Of course failure has to come from the player's fault not bs exuses like @(*()$ interceptions where the spawn rates of grineer are INSANE!

DE needs to learn to stop babysitting players and show them an actual challenge, to actually fear failure. We dont want Warframe to become the new WoW right? (im talking about how stupidly easy it is now).

I guess they just don't want to lose any players that way.

Of course failure has to come from the player's fault not bs exuses like @(*()$ interceptions where the spawn rates of grineer are INSANE!

Well, Interception's only problem for me is an insta-hack console that AI use shamelessly.

-CM-CaptainGrey if well implemented increasing the difficulty would purge the game from "easy mode" toxic players, because they would find it too hard cause they cant just press 4 to win and actuallly have to use the brain for once.

And yeah the insta hack is pretty annoying, not that i can notice it sinc eim too busy being tossed around like a doll by 4 Helions spamming rockets.