Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Tower, The Construction Frame

ShiningArmor

Tower, the Construction Frame: A frame which uses his large brain to build countless kinds of machines to aid him in combat. (Good for defense.)

Health: 50 (250 at 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at 30)

Energy: 125 (175 at 30)

Armor: 100

Sprint speed: 1.1

Stamina: 90

Ability 1: Seekers: Throw out 3/6/9/12 small robots which fly towards enemies and explode on impact, dealing 10/20/30/50 explosive damage, knocking down all that get hit.

Ability 2: Sentry: Throw out an ai-controlled sentry gun which lasts 10/12/14/20 seconds, locking onto enemies and shooting them for 30/60/90/150 damage per round with a fire rate of 200/400/600/900 rpm. Range of sentry is 10/14/18/25 meters.

Ability 3: Barricade: Place down a small barricade which you can duck behind, then pop out and open fire on the enemies. The barricade is 1 in-game meter long, and lasts 15/17/19/23 seconds, and increases your accuracy and defense by 15%/30%/45%/60% (may be subject to change) while near it.

Ability 4: Scrap Titan: Create a large robot out of nearby scrap to clobber all foes in its path, lasting 10/12/14/20 seconds and dealing 100/200/300/500 damage per swing.

Edited by ShiningArmor

Tower, the Construction Frame: A frame which uses his large brain to build countless kinds of machines to aid him in combat. (Good for defense.)

Health: 50 (250 at 30)

Shields: 100 (300 at 30)

Energy: 125 (175 at 30)

Armor: 100

Sprint speed: 1.1

Stamina: 90

Ability 1: Seekers: Throw out 3/6/9/12 small robots which fly towards enemies and explode on impact, dealing 10/20/30/50 explosive damage, knocking down all that get hit.

Ability 2: Sentry: Throw out an ai-controlled sentry gun which lasts 4/8/12/15 seconds, locking onto enemies and shooting them for 30/60/90/150 damage per round with a fire rate of 200/400/600/900 rpm.

Ability 3: Rocket Sentry: Throw out a second kind of sentry which fires rockets, lasting 4/8/12/15 seconds, locking onto enemies and firing homing rockets for 80/120/160/300 damage per rocket with a travel rate of 150/200/250/400 mph.

Ability 4: It's alive!: Create a large robot out of nearby scrap to clobber all foes in its path, lasting 3/6/9/15 seconds and dealing 100/200/300/500 damage per swing.

#2 and #3 are the same, change one to something else. Plus I think they have torrents coming out or are working on torrents. Still, would be nice to have a frame like that.

Some of the duration are a bit short.

I like #4.

#2 and #3 are the same, change one to something else. Plus I think they have torrents coming out or are working on torrents. Still, would be nice to have a frame like that.

Some of the duration are a bit short.

I like #4.

2 and 3 aren't the same. One fires bullets and the other fires rockets.

2 and 3 aren't the same. One fires bullets and the other fires rockets.

I know, I'm mean basically they are the same, just the projectiles are different.. It's like having 2 variation of any skill on one frame. It's a waste.

I know, I'm mean basically they are the same, just the projectiles are different.. It's like having 2 variation of any skill on one frame. It's a waste.

Well I don't want to combine them and make it overpowered. You always need rocket sentries and bullet sentries, they can't be seperated! :D I mean I could, but then it wouldn't be fun. Also idk what else I can have him build besides turrets, flying explosives bugs and a scrap titan.

Perhaps a supply pylon? Restores shields and gives ammunition periodically

Hmmm... That might work actually. Make it like the Shield Moa, but a stationary form and gives ammo. Alright, that's a good idea. I'll change it up.

Edit: Alright, there it is, although I think I made the time a bit long.

Edit 2: Modified the times to last a bit longer, since I forgot that these things are supposed to actually last to work.

Edited by ShiningArmor

So how does it look now? I think this would be a great addition to the game. The turrets could work like stationary sentinels, the pylon could work like the shield moas and ammo transfusion, and the titan, well that may be a challenge. Seekers could also work like Oxium Ospreys charging at the enemy.

Question: Could the turrets be attached to any surface? Cause throwing them on ceilings to shoot over cover would be pretty cool.

Also, this warframe sounds like an Engineer, I feel like that's a more appropriate name type than Construction. I don't mean to come off like that's not okay, Construction is, but Engineer seems to carry more of a combat-loaded connotation with it than Construction.

Just a thought :P nice idea, keep building it up! (hehe. see what I did there.)

-FinnishHim

Well I don't want to combine them and make it overpowered. You always need rocket sentries and bullet sentries, they can't be seperated! :D I mean I could, but then it wouldn't be fun. Also idk what else I can have him build besides turrets, flying explosives bugs and a scrap titan.

You wouldn't have to combine them, just simply eliminate one so you don't have two near identical skills. Which you have. But in regards to the new skill, I'm not for it. We have ammo and energy packs et, we don't need that.

Also, again I believe they mentioned they're bringing turrets to the game. It was in a stream they showed pictures.

Question: Could the turrets be attached to any surface? Cause throwing them on ceilings to shoot over cover would be pretty cool.

Also, this warframe sounds like an Engineer, I feel like that's a more appropriate name type than Construction. I don't mean to come off like that's not okay, Construction is, but Engineer seems to carry more of a combat-loaded connotation with it than Construction.

Just a thought :P nice idea, keep building it up! (hehe. see what I did there.)

-FinnishHim

Yes, that would be good. I'll add that in.

You wouldn't have to combine them, just simply eliminate one so you don't have two near identical skills. Which you have. But in regards to the new skill, I'm not for it. We have ammo and energy packs et, we don't need that.

Also, again I believe they mentioned they're bringing turrets to the game. It was in a stream they showed pictures.

Yes we do, but this is skill based. I need to make something for a skill 3 and that does sound good, although now he's starting to sound like the Engy off TF2. I could make a teleporter then just to fit it lol.

Maybe give him a crowd control tool for his 3 rather than a restoration tool.

My take on it? A pylon that emits a Wyrm-like concussion blast every few seconds for a certain duration of time.

CrowdDispersionMod.png

It would help him lock down areas, with some enemies being ragdolled, falling over, or staggering (like the Impact proc), setting them up as perfect pickings for his turrets. But of course, the balance comes in the energy cost - is a battle under control, or is it worth setting up a pylon for? Also just for kicks maybe he throws the pylon (similar to how Vauban throws grenades), and if it sticks to an enemy they get launched away from the point of contact, while the pylon just falls at the initial location of the enemy (before he got rocketed the other direction XD)

I suggest this because Tower seems to be a warframe based on area control and defense, and I feel that this take on his 3rd would complement that.

Just a thought. Do what you will with it :P

-FinnishHim

Edited by FinnishHim

Yes we do, but this is skill based. I need to make something for a skill 3 and that does sound good, although now he's starting to sound like the Engy off TF2. I could make a teleporter then just to fit it lol.

No tele -_-\

Use the 'MultiQuote' feature so you don't triple post next time  >_<

It seems like a really great frame, but it comes up short for me. You have a really good concept, but it's been overused and everyone on the forum is trying to do a Robot Warframe. Duration, stats, damage, and creativity needs a bit more work and this could be the best of the robot frames! Good luck

It seems like a really great frame, but it comes up short for me. You have a really good concept, but it's been overused and everyone on the forum is trying to do a Robot Warframe. Duration, stats, damage, and creativity needs a bit more work and this could be the best of the robot frames! Good luck

I think they are perfectly fine. Also it isn't a robot warframe, it's a construction warframe. He builds things for defense/

Ability 3 seems a bit underwhelming

And I asked 'how is it a ninja' because before, Warframe advertised itself as 'NInjas Play Free!' 

ROFL

Well, imho, Vauban isn't either. Well Vauban is kind of like this as well. Mostly for defense/cc with his traps.

Also I always seem to have a problem figuring out the third ability for most of my ideas. Kinda sucks. I need something that isn't being used by another frame, and would work for what he is.

Edited by ShiningArmor

Well, my comment was more towards Warframe in general but alright!

Well, I had suggested a defense warframe and my final ability was a barricade/cover. What do you think?

Maybe you could have a watered down version for your third!

Edited by jjpdn