Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Support Shouldn't Be "life Support" Anymore :p

-Mandachordian-Tenno-

Yea,

it should be called DISTRACTION METER/THREAT LEVEL.

yea, because who sucks life support in a planet/planetoid/assteroid(badpun)? lel? 

Proposed Changes:
Enemies - doesnt drop any LS no more, instead their death is counted towards the Meter.
LS Modules - it doesnt have to be LS modules >:C it should be like destroying mining equipment, destroying/falsehacking computer systems to trick the enemy units that theyre much more a threat than tennos with a stationary dextrose. :P
Distraction Meter - it should be longer but if you are not killing enemies your threat level goes down. if in 10 seconds you are not killing more than 5 enemies, it reduces 5% on the meter.
Threat level - the more brutal you are ie; killing 5 enemies in 3 seconds or some fast deaths. it goes higher and higher until its at maximum then it resets but you are taken to the next "tier", these tiers add more enemies + new units to the fray,

then every 5 mins is the reward like the old,
Tiers:starts from 10th to 1st, with 1st being all heavies and so few lancers/crewmen.(basically you're waging a tiny war)
so if the Distraction goes 0% the enemies will retreat and "de-spawn" slowly, they will run away from you but if you have say, a 5th Tier threat level, you have 5 mins to regain the distraction.then at 1st Tier Threat Level you have 30 seconds to regain it. and if that timer runs out, the tenno operative is found and be stripped of the rewards so you all go home with no rewards, so basically this could make teamwork more viable but dont count on it ;)

so uh 

Thanks fer Reading ;)

Edited by JameSPYder

Are you talking about Survival Missions only? Or, all missions across the board? Either way, I think your idea is intriguing.

By all missions i mean defense, survival, interception

other than terminable missions

Edited by Tollomon

All of this is superior and more flexible design for the mode.

Along should come a new name though, like "Diversion".

Also on the list there should be a mention of how it would be infinitely less grating to hear that your cell is causing a distraction for another cell, rather than A SINGLE TENNO.

Seriously, how much crap can one guy haul? Makes you wonder if that's the reason survival rewards are so poor.

I agree. After all the enemy kind of needs life support as well, why cut it off if there are only 4 dudes that you want to get rid of.

Also, how do they cut off life support on places like Phobos and Earth? I guess it makes sense on ships but seriously.

All I can think of is something like this:

Druidia2.jpg

I think this makes a lot of sense. Lose your threat level and the raider is forced to flee. Ditch the hp drain. Or even better, you have to rendezvous with the raider and bust them out in a certain amount of time before the evac ship leaves or is destroyed.

Doesn't this model in theory allow players to maintain a mission indefinitely as all they would need to do is maintain a rapid kill count in order to keep going, a goal easily accomplished with late-game blast weaponry like the Ogris or Penta?  Or does Threat always drop in the same manner as the O2 does in the current model?

All of this is superior and more flexible design for the mode.

Along should come a new name though, like "Diversion".

Also on the list there should be a mention of how it would be infinitely less grating to hear that your cell is causing a distraction for another cell, rather than A SINGLE TENNO.

Seriously, how much crap can one guy haul? Makes you wonder if that's the reason survival rewards are so poor.

Great Idea TC, this should really be looked at by the DEvs.

As for the quoted post, I was always thinking something like concurrent games taking place, where 1 Cell of Tenno is distracting while the other Cell is looking for supplies. I know there are some major complications with it, especially with how the rewards would be handled.

I think instead of enemies the "Silent" Cell would have to go through traps and hacking the system, going back a bit it could work better with just one Tenno for those looking for a stealth approach as opposed to run and gun. I know folks wouldn't rather rely on another player for the drops but it could help influence the RNG toward our favor. Like for instance, the treasure is hidden all over the ship/planet for the Tenno Operative, the more obstacles to get through the better the reward for The Operative/"Silent" Cell and the "Loud" Cell.

The loot that is found by The Operative/"Silent" Cell is put in a table if they have gotten more than one treasure during the 5-min period, if no treasure is found its a random drop, it goes without saying that if The Operative/Cell has gotten only one item then that item is the one received. Also, the items that weren't received in the 5- min period are still in the drop table for the next 5-min period.

That just my 2cents, on how to lessen the RNG for the survival. BTW, these game modes does not have to be separate, It could be Survival/Raid or Smash and Grab on the Star Chart, please forgive my terrible naming sense.

Edited by (PS4)Zmarq010

Doesn't this model in theory allow players to maintain a mission indefinitely as all they would need to do is maintain a rapid kill count in order to keep going, a goal easily accomplished with late-game blast weaponry like the Ogris or Penta?  Or does Threat always drop in the same manner as the O2 does in the current model?

in theory, yes but sooner or later those Pentas and Ogrises will just tickle them heavies, i just wish we could just last longer in survs.

It's not that far fetched, since we've seen that the Warframes aren't vaccuum hardened (for some reason).  What's odd is that they ever do anything except lock down the cell where we're detected and vent it to space in terms of pure realism.

i always found survival ridiculus:
They cut out life support.I suspected they may try this.

YOU FREAKING WOMAN!you knew it and you didn't install a stupid oxigen tank on an high-tech warframe?

Hi guys,i'm lotus.I sent you the life support.

Wait..what?Why do i have to drop into a ceiling 30km from the objective every freaking time if you can teleport things like ls right inside the base?Next time teleport me on the objective,will ya?

And why,really why lotus?Why sending life support capsule that get off after 30 sec?How many billions did you spend on each one of them?

Funny things:You can't live without life support,but you extract in deep space with your warframe in the void attached to a ship..

I think this makes a lot of sense. Lose your threat level and the raider is forced to flee. Ditch the hp drain. Or even better, you have to rendezvous with the raider and bust them out in a certain amount of time before the evac ship leaves or is destroyed.

With all the crap that the raider keeps getting us, I would be very tempted to let him die. One morphic? 2500 CREDITS?

You have failed me for the last time, operative.

Make sense on many levels.

1. Why would the enemies cut life support and then send goons with oxygen supply for us to kill and loot? If you cut oxygen to deal with something, the most logical option is to wait until the target suffocate then send in the troop to verify the body.

2. The purpose of survival as stated by Lotus is 'a lone Tenno is raiding the ship for supply, make your presence known'. We are the distraction team. Killing more enemies draws attention from Loki that is raiding the ship for 2000 credit. The more you kill, the easier time raider should have while robbing the ship.

The old survival should be adjusted for no O2 fight, Protector mode. Tenno are dropped into desolate moons with limited oxygen supply to protect a group of civilian waiting for evacuation. Killing enemies will drop life support module which can either be used to replenish civilian's supply while waiting for the next transport or use it yourself. Feel a lot more logical than the current one.

Edited by neKroMancer