Jump to content

DoomFruit

Master
  • Posts

    5,026
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

7,925

2 Followers

About DoomFruit

Recent Profile Visitors

2,987 profile views
  1. It moves everyone's camera. That's the problem. The second problem is why the camera even needs to move in the first place. Fish have the same problem - and the only reason it wasn't complained about is because it doesn't apply for nearby players. There is no real reason for the game to shove this crap in your face after you've already seen ten of the damn things already.
  2. Except it does have a similarity. It's a comparison between guaranteed income at X per unit time (or mission in this case) versus sporadic income of either zero at fraction A of the time or Y at fraction B of the time, where B = 1-A and Y = X/B. The final income is only identical given an infinite number of trials. It's an analogy and not a direct example because the two situations are not exactly 100% the same but are close enough to compare. That's what an analogy is. You'll notice that at no point I said anything about legal obligations. You're the one who brought that in. The comparison was between income rate and that alone. Frankly, you're just nitpicking. Again, explain why getting 10 keys 35% of the time is better for the playerbase than getting 3.5 keys 100% of the time. The former has frustration. The latter does not. Justify that.
  3. The outcome is the same - 1x guaranteed vs. 1.25x but not guaranteed. It's also quite a good analogy - because people who gamble for a living generally end up bankrupt because they don't have anything to rely on. That there is the crux. Something reliable. Gambling for holokeys is not reliable. If something isn't reliable, it's frustrating. So again: why exactly is it a good thing to get 10 items 35% of the time as opposed to getting 3 items 100% of the time? Over a large number of trials, those two outcomes converge. It's the same, statistically. But the difference is that a lesser drop rate at 100% has much less frustration because each run guarantees progress.
  4. Statistics don't lie, but you're reading them wrong. Getting something for sure is a 100% drop chance. That is literally what it means - that 100% of the time, you get it. 35% drop chance means that 65% of the time, you get nothing. Each try is independent, so you have the exact same chance of getting nothing the next time around. Someone posted in another thread a very good analogy - how would you like it if instead of getting paid normally each month, you have a 25% chance of getting 5x your salary and a 75% chance of getting nothing? That's the problem here.
  5. Yep. Go into puddle mode, point at an enemy and press the fire button. Normal enemies get sucked into the puddle, but hemocytes just get pulled on top of you.
  6. Loki as well. I don't know whether Octavia or Ivara have this problem as well, but it's incredibly annoying. I'm invisible, not underwater. My weapons are not silenced, any noise I make attracts the exact same amount of attention as it would if I were visible. Why does this even happen?
  7. I did that the last time Plague Star came around and once again this time. They don't even focus on each other. The eidolon just wanders around aimlessly and the hemocyte is more interested in the vomvalysts than the equally large stompy thing right next to it. And yes, while the eidolon can in theory kill the hemocyte, its attacks never seem to line up with when the infested blob monster's flaps open up. The only result is that the eidolon just gets bored and wanders back into the lake, then the hemocyte just keep stomping around. That said, you *could* bring the hemocyte to a Grineer base and let it kill everything there. Also, don't bring the eidolon to the hemocyte, bring the hemocyte to the eidolon. Hydroid can pull the hemocyte.
  8. This... does absolutely nothing to help. The damage was never the problem, it's the horrifically clunky moveset. You talk about "full gamut of moves", but I don't want to use a single one because they're too impractical. And you've basically guaranteed that every single other weapon in its class will be equally worthless from the start. It's just like the holokey mess all over again. You're completely ignoring the actual problem.
  9. It's still broken. Still. Half a decade later, and it still doesn't work.
  10. And there's the requirement that the entire squad be in the objective. That's just plain annoying. In Grineer missions, a good squad will have one person in each away marker and the other two on the ship. That actually rewards teamwork with increased completion speed. Absolutely nothing about Corpus makes me want to do their missions. The gigantic pile of annoyances which comprise them make it seems like DE explicitly went through and designed them so that nobody would ever choose to go there. Because that's certainly my solution to them. The fact that you no longer have any plain spaceship battles with no extra crap to do (except for the lowest level Earth mission) is just icing on the cake. I miss old Railjack, where energy actually mattered, your warframe wasn't just some useless stat stick in the pilot seat and where we had actual pure space combat missions in a space combat gamemode.
  11. Ship energy: yeah, this really is stupid. It's completely incomprehensible why the energy capacity and refill rate of a 100 metre spaceship's combat abilities are determined solely by the man-thing in the pilot's seat. My "solution" is to just use Lavos all the time. You don't even need to plop down a deployer, it's just a flat 10 second cooldown for everything. I don't use a single one of his abilities in gameplay, I'm not even sure what they do. The only reason I bring him along is for missile spam. It's rather amusing when the titular "warframe" is reduced to nothing more than a stat stick.
  12. That, at least, you can fix. Just have the host open the nightwave menu, everyone will shut up and the waypoint will appear instantly. It seems as if the only way to fight annoyance is to bring a bigger annoyance. Pay evil unto evil, I suppose.
  13. I've seen this a couple of times as well and the first time I saw it predates the Sisters of Parvos update. No mechanical hounds of any kind in the area. Here's one from yesterday, doing the plague star event:
  14. Upon doing a Plague Star mission to test out giant stompy mech vs. gianter stompier squishblob, I noticed that my Morgha had a noticeably higher projectile spread and slower projectile speed (along with the corresponding increase in projectile arcing). And no, it's nothing to do with rivens, I don't even have one for it. Is anyone else's behaving oddly?
×
×
  • Create New...