Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Weapons Should Be Easier To Get For Higher Ranked Players.

Innocent_Flower

So i've seen a lot of arguments over the stalker.

First argument is that it drops weapons way too rarely for a super-rare-random boss that you're not even sure to defeat. That makes a lot of sense

The second argument is that it's unfair that low level players have a random chance of getting endgame content. Personaly I think you're an Idiot for this, but it's not entirely unjustified (we're all selfish to some degree)  

There are also a few people who think that stalker gear should be easier to obtain but have stupid crafting requirements (the worst i've seen was 'drop the dread in parts' but also things like 20 orokin cells and 2151261 neural sensors. )

The answer to this is realy, realy, realy simple

Have the stalker always drop a BP, give the weapons high mastery ranks. Everyone's happy. 

It's already easier for high-rank players. Most low-rank people get killed by one slash dash of Stalker, so they don't even have a chance to get the weapons themselves if they're alone.

I have mastery rank of 15, and I'm completely fine how the Stalker equipment is acquired.

Edited by GalliumGD

So i've seen a lot of arguments over the stalker.

First argument is that it drops weapons way too rarely for a super-rare-random boss that you're not even sure to defeat. That makes a lot of sense

The second argument is that it's unfair that low level players have a random chance of getting endgame content. Personaly I think you're an Idiot for this, but it's not entirely unjustified (we're all selfish to some degree)  

There are also a few people who think that stalker gear should be easier to obtain but have stupid crafting requirements (the worst i've seen was 'drop the dread in parts' but also things like 20 orokin cells and 2151261 neural sensors. )

The answer to this is realy, realy, realy simple

Have the stalker always drop a BP, give the weapons high mastery ranks. Everyone's happy. 

No.

first off on the first argument, That's not only stalker, its the harvest and G3. it's RNG.

the second argument is in my opinion, stupid to the highest degree. Stalker scales off of two things, how many players are in the mission and the mission location. the argument of why the hell is a rank 0 with a skana mmk1 braton and lato on Pluto than, I cannot answer that.

third argument is pointless. his drop table is fine the way it is now.

Your suggestion to give the weapons high mastery ranks doesn't help that at all. It's up to RNG, that's it point blank and simple. I get Despair drops commonly yet everyone else i talk to always gets Dread or Hate, It's RNG. 

I collected 3 Dreads, 1 Despair and 1 Hate in less than 4 months of playing Warframe.

Join more random lobbies and you are bound to at least encounter the stalker at least once every 3 days.

The thing about the stalker is that the more players that are marked (full party of 4 is best), the better the chance of it appearing.

You can get marked for something simple as doing orokin cell runs on Lephantis, by the way.

It's super easy for players to get marked by the stalker.

I also want to add that getting 10 Morphics to build a stalker weapon isn't easy for a newbie. Chances are that they only have 1 or 2 Morphics lying around. Isn't the 10 Morphics requirements a good enough deterrent to newbies getting their hands on despair before Mastery Rank 2?

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Yes and no both. The odds of stalker spawning should go up with mastery rank. His drops should be unaffected. A full party of deathmarked MR15's should have a very good chance of stalker/G3 showing up. In lore, this could be something as simple as them being a higher threat target too.

Eh, yes and no.

Stalker weapons should be a display of "Oh, look at me, I killed the toughest enemy in the game" rather than "I grind lots". That said, though, drops need to be reliable; there is nothing "dedicated" about getting Despairs on your first kill because of some lucky roll of the dice, and there is nothing like "you don't deserve it" about getting your eleventh consecutive Dread from solo kills because RNG decided to be an &#!.

The weapons should stay difficult to obtain regardless of mastery rank, but the RNG aspect needs to be toned down, because it adds nothing to the experience.