Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need A Little More Clarification On The Stalker...

Metronome

Question

If he kills me and leaves, does that consume the death mark? Do I have to beat a new boss to 'refresh' the mark? Or does he have a chance to show up until I defeat him?

Also what counts as 'beating' a boss? What if I assist in the kill of a boss? Will that give me a death-mark? Or do I have to land the killing blow?

8 answers to this question

If the stalker kills you, you lose your death mark. You have to get kill a new boss to get the mark and death marks do stack(You can kill many bosses and have multiple death marks.) As for killing the bosses, i'm pretty sure you just have to do the boss mission itself.

If he came to get you and not one of the members of the party you're in, your death mark is consumed, whether if you kill him or not.

Also what counts as 'beating' a boss? What if I assist in the kill of a boss? Will that give me a death-mark? Or do I have to land the killing blow?

This one I cannot confirm but I'd appreciate an answer aswell.

You have to have the killing blow on the boss and i don't think Robot boss types count (Raptor, Jackal, Ambulas)

I think the Jackal at the very least counts. I remember him coming after me to avenge the Jackal.

If the stalker kills you, you lose your death mark. You have to get kill a new boss to get the mark and death marks do stack(You can kill many bosses and have multiple death marks.) As for killing the bosses, i'm pretty sure you just have to do the boss mission itself.

This is not to say killing multiple bosses will increase chances at stalker spawn, though. He has a solid 1.5% chance of spawn if you have a mark and another 0.5% added for every other player with a mark in the game.

(Not correcting you, silver, just clarifying for OP)

Now I'm confused, I only had 1 confirmed mail for the stalker death mark and yet he came to me 3 times already, and I was dead 3 times too.  If the death mark is consumed upon death, when do we know if we're marked again? Asking because Stalker hunt host always asked for a marked player.

Now I'm confused, I only had 1 confirmed mail for the stalker death mark and yet he came to me 3 times already, and I was dead 3 times too.  If the death mark is consumed upon death, when do we know if we're marked again? Asking because Stalker hunt host always asked for a marked player.

He's stopped mailing me, or its going right to my tenno spam folder....

I've had multiple accounts where he visits me without warning.