Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossplay Or Slow Updates?

(PSN)Octodog

I don't think that crossplay will ever be a thing. Even if we'll get the updates at the same time, PC gets at least a few hotfixes the very same day it came live, so the builds won't be in synch again. And hotfixes for PS4 are not possible thanks to Sony and their certification.

It would be a disaster. PC has superior controls anyway, PS4 players would not be able to keep up during very high level defense for example which would result in the PC players blaming them, so in a nutshell it would cause endless conflicts between the 2 platforms. You get the point.

Edited by Momo93

And, I regret talking to PC players again.

How do you guys always manage to make me do that?

Don't think about other players, PC or PS4.

Imagine you don't know anyone who play on the PS4.

Crossplay give you nothing but slower updates.

Do you still want Crossplay ?

By saying that, I don't say I don't want Crossplay. I don't care or... to be honest, I don't have a word to say on the final decision.

Don't think about other players, PC or PS4.

Imagine you don't know anyone who play on the PS4.

Crossplay give you nothing but slower updates.

Do you still want Crossplay ?

By saying that, I don't say I don't want Crossplay. I don't care or... to be honest, I don't have a word to say on the final decision.

The thing is, it would give me more than just slower updates. I have a lot of friends on PC, too, and one of the only reasons I decided to play this game was because it said it would eventually have crossplay.

(and in case you're going to ask why I didn't just get this on PC, three things, 1: I don't have a PC that can play games well, or, for most, at all. 2: I'm not going to go buy a PC just for Warframe. 3: people have different preferences. You guys could like PC, and I could like PS4.)

The thing is, it would give me more than just slower updates. I have a lot of friends on PC, too, and one of the only reasons I decided to play this game was because it said it would eventually have crossplay.

(and in case you're going to ask why I didn't just get this on PC, three things, 1: I don't have a PC that can play games well, or, for most, at all. 2: I'm not going to go buy a PC just for Warframe. 3: people have different preferences. You guys could like PC, and I could like PS4.)

Of course, no one is asking you to buy a gaming PC.

The goal of my message was only to show you why PC players may not be in favor of Crossplay if the only effect it have on them is a negative one.

Those who have friends on PS4 will probably want a crossplay system. The others.... Not really.

It would be a disaster. PC has superior controls anyway, PS4 players would not be able to keep up during very high level defense for example which would result in the PC players blaming them, so in a nutshell it would cause endless conflicts between the 2 platforms. You get the point.

I think you're vastly underestimating console controls and players.

They said they wanted crossplay, but it would be mostly up to Sony.

And seriously, you got upset because someone pointed out that consoles are inferior gaming rigs to computers? Do you get upset when people point out that McDonalds is an inferior restaurant?

Consoles are good, and enjoyable, but they are essentially PC's with locked down OS's and hardware specs locked into place. They are run by companies who are super controlling of every little thing that gets done on them. Consoles are great for console gaming, but I don't understand why people seem to think they are going to go head to head for *PC* gaming.

I don't believe DE was proposing cross play. Just PC player migration. I doubt many PC players will make the jump. Just those with maybe PCs with poor specs or a laptop that isn't that suitable for gaming.

Nah, they originally said they wanted crossplay. But the cards didn't fall in such a way as to allow that, as the builds have to be in synch. Sony's certification process pretty much means the builds will never be in synch.

Nah, they originally said they wanted crossplay. But the cards didn't fall in such a way as to allow that, as the builds have to be in synch. Sony's certification process pretty much means the builds will never be in synch.

Yeah they said a few devstreams ago that migration would happen before build sync. (Which may never happen IMO)

Can't keep up?

I have a record of 31 seconds on the obstacle course. Pretty sure we PS4 players can keep up.

They said they wanted crossplay, but it would be mostly up to Sony.

And seriously, you got upset because someone pointed out that consoles are inferior gaming rigs to computers? Do you get upset when people point out that McDonalds is an inferior restaurant?

Consoles are good, and enjoyable, but they are essentially PC's with locked down OS's and hardware specs locked into place. They are run by companies who are super controlling of every little thing that gets done on them. Consoles are great for console gaming, but I don't understand why people seem to think they are going to go head to head for *PC* gaming.

I got upset because we are part of the same game, and we shouldn't stoop to saying that one platform is better than the other. It seems a lot of PC players like to say that a lot when we aren't even in topics comparing the two. This was a simple topic asking if PC players would rather sacrifice update speed to get crossplay, or keep the update speed they have but with no crossplay, but someone had to come on saying that it's just because PS4 is inferior to PC, and that's why we don't have crossplay. I realize that it's our fault mainly for not getting the updates fast enough, but do PC players always have to point out that PC is better than PS4 in a lot of our threads?

(sorry about that, I got into rant mode...)

It's a legitimate concern.  The mouse + keyboard setup throws everything out of balance.

Well that doesn't mean we can't keep up. What makes you think that we can't keep up?

The only thing I can think of that we would be slower at is aiming, but even that's not bad at all. We can still aim just fine and as quick as we need to, just as we can move as fast as a PC player.

(That question in the first line was not rhetorical, by the way. I really want to know.)

Well that doesn't mean we can't keep up. What makes you think that we can't keep up?

The only thing I can think of that we would be slower at is aiming, but even that's not bad at all. We can still aim just fine and as quick as we need to, just as we can move as fast as a PC player.

(That question in the first line was not rhetorical, by the way. I really want to know.)

You answered your own query, and you're being unnecessarily aggressive.  Mouse and keyboard controls will always be faster and more accurate.  If you like you can google it.