Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idle Pondering On Rng And The Developers.

Yezzik

I wonder... what is the development team's official stance on how many times a player should be denied a specific item because of RNG before it's officially declared "broken" and therefore in need of fixing?

Knowing how many times the developers believe we should be reasonably expected to not get what we're after would help a lot when it comes to further debating the merits and drawbacks of the current RNG system and whatever might hopefully replace it in the future.

So in other words, 97% chance to not get what you're after each time you try and get it is good.

The RNG system needs an overhaul. Removing credit caches from the Void or neurodes from the G3 (wishful thinking on that part) won't cut it.

Edited by Yezzik

3% minimum drop rate would be generous of DE.

p of getting at least 1 of desired item = 1 - (0.97)^70 = 88% chance given 70 attempts.

That would be about an hour's worth of survivals to get said item at a 88% chance overall for 1 or more. Of course for exterminate/capture those are terrible, terrible odds due to having to farm the keys and then waste time running them.

The real problem I suspect is DE's rarity system i.e. common items 75%, uncommon 22.5%, rare 2.5% and having multiple items under the 'rare' category further diluting the chances to less than 1%. I'm sure the programming team is busy and having to manually change all drop percentages is tiresome, but the rarity system is just awful, assuming it's still the same.

DE arbitrarily not making the drops decent because its not their "vision" you say?

Well duh.

they have no benefit in making the drops viable for everyone.

the harder it is to get stuff the more plat is thrown to get the things.

easy money.

p of getting at least 1 of desired item = 1 - (0.97)^70 = 88% chance given 70 attempts.

That would be about an hour's worth of survivals to get said item at a 88% chance overall for 1 or more.

How are you going to get 70 attempts in 1 hour survival?

Currently you have 1 real attempt in 20 mins (other 3 are credits/other crap), so 70 attempts equals 24 hours.

They said that they are going to get rid of credits... But I bet they just have found other trash to fill that "common" gap.

Edited by (PS4)vivan000

Update 13 will come yet again with another RNG drop table fix.

It will be yet again another good window to complain about it, since I'm pretty sure it will stay broken as it always was.

Changing few numbers without actually fixing it, calling it a fix and then doing nothing about it till u14 isnt a good idea.

If it will be fix which i highly doubt then sure its great.

If not then outrage is to be expected and theres nothing to justify it.

DE arbitrarily not making the drops decent because its not their "vision" you say?

Well duh.

they have no benefit in making the drops viable for everyone.

the harder it is to get stuff the more plat is thrown to get the things.

easy money.

Not sure if that logic is ok.

I could understand that rhino is rare cause its current prime access, but ember prime systems are in t3 md and t3 md doesnt drop anything except forma bp and reaper blades, ember systems and boltor bp seems to be same rarity, idk how do you want to explain that but de wont make that much more money on ember.
Edited by Davoodoo