Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Founder Exclusivity

While your implementation is the best I've seen (this is actually a really original and interesting idea, good job!), these things are to forever remain exclusive for fear of a massive player exodus and/or lawsuits.

All the same, answer this question: why do you actually want the founders gear?

I actually want to turn on the t.v.one day, and see a massive player lawsuit, about how things no one owns in real life, and won't kill them, even made it to court or whatever, and then it will finally show me how sad gamers have become..  (I don't want to even hear about contracts, blah blah blah, that we've heard in the last million posts about this....  Because then I'll just say that had to do with PC, not us PS4 people....)

Better yet, just give all the founders a job at DE, since they can dictate everyone's lives anyway, and how this game is suppose to be.  (People can vote on things etc, but ultimately, its the Dev's that make it happen!!)

Anyone can spend money.  Most people just need to get over it.

Frankly if the migration thing does ever happen, I'll probably ignore people like I do now, since there's always going to be segregation in this community, and the constant head bashing, and butt hurt I read, reread, and read some more over and over again, lmao!!

I'll say it like I always do.  Whoever came out with the idea of exclusives, limited time only etc, ought to shot by a stalker, as games use to be simple and complete with updates and ideas that all could enjoy, grow, have fun, and inspired people, instead of this whole "I have it, you don't.  I'm willing to work for it.  NO!!"

End....

-snip-

To be fair, you can look at games with lots of exclusives and the developers rolling around in money, then decide.

Like Dota 2 for example. Though to be fair, there is an extensive trading system in-game, so it's quite different and difficult to compare.

Which actually brings me to the point : Making exclusives tradable would solve SO MANY THINGS. Yet it has not been done.

Making Prime parts tradable was NOT a proper solution imho. A bandaid solution to fix RNG wasn't what we needed out of trading, negating both the work put in to achieve Prime gear, devaluing Primes, paying money to skip gameplay instead of fixing RNG walls, etc.

Right idea, wrong approach. 

I am aware. I think it could be a bad idea though depending on what it is. If it its a re-release of old event weapons or some sort of badge (Maybe a PS4 weapon skin similar to the braton PS4 weapon skin?), I am fine with that. But if its a whole new weapon variant that PC can't get then it will cause more trouble than it will solve.

I do think we'll get our own Excal variant though. Exclusives are bad since they just end up segregating the community between the haves and have-nots. I still believe that the Founders items should've been timed exclusives instead of permanent exclusives. Having them available a couple of years later would've probably been a better idea.

... Because I already have them? I don't want there to be anymore exclusives added to the game. We're stuck with the ones we've got.

Rather, why did you want them? Or, if you got them unexpectedly, why did you keep them? Why do you want them to remain exclusive (if you do)? Why should they have been exclusive in the first place?

Edited by PoorCensored

Just read it, and despite morality saying no, I'd have to say yes. If we all work together, the potential profit from farming Founders items and selling them at insane prices to poor saps would be amazing. As rude as that sounds, I'd support it.

Edit=An extension. GrandMasters are given reusable T3 keys, Masters are given reusable T2 keys, and Hunters are given reusable T1 keys. T3 keys contain everything, T2 keys lack the Skana/Lato Prime (Or w/e GrandMasters and not Masters get), while T1 keys only have the Excal Prime.

Edited by ArdentSky

Just read it, and despite morality saying no, I'd have to say yes. If we all work together, the potential profit from farming Founders items and selling them at insane prices to poor saps would be amazing. As rude as that sounds, I'd support it.

PROFIT NUMBS THE FEELING.

Rather, why did you want them? Or, if you got them unexpectedly, why did you keep them? Why do you want them to remain exclusive (if you do)? Why should they have been exclusive in the first place?

They should remain exclusive because of what DE has said. Now, should they have been exclusive? No. And, if DE could go back and do it over again, they'd probably make it like Prime Access. That's probably why Prime Access is the way it is. But the past is the past. DE shouldn't go back on their word.

People buy platinum to trade with. That's what I was getting at.

No, platinum is generated by the magical entitlement fairy. It clearly does not support DE and is only in the hands of founders, who greedily horde their exalibur frame from the other players.

... and what influences players to buy plat other than what is available from the market? Player trading.

Yeah, but again, trading isn't the only reason. Not sure if it's the primary reason, because before trading people were buying plat, so you can't say that it's the primary reason. Sure, indirectly, plat trading provides funds, but even if there wasn't plat trading people would still be buying plat. It's the purchase of plat that puts money in the devs pockets, and it's plat trading that puts plat, and hard to get mods and parts, in the virtual pockets of players. I for one welcome plat trading. It's helped me get some mods and parts that I'd been unable to get through RNG.

Because that was what was promised by DE and I want them to keep their promises?  I'm sorry for wanting people to keep their word?

There are pros and cons to the Founders gear being exclusive in the first place.  If they weren't, we'd have avoided all this mess.  Being exclusive almost assuredly drove up sales though which helped to fund the game you see now, so...

I dont think the founder's gear will ever return.

Nor should it.

At the very least they could make things like Excal Prime/Skana Prime/Lato Prime tradable, so founders would make mega profits from people without it.

Edited by Oizen

Yeah, but again, trading isn't the only reason. Not sure if it's the primary reason, because before trading people were buying plat, so you can't say that it's the primary reason. Sure, indirectly, plat trading provides funds, but even if there wasn't plat trading people would still be buying plat. It's the purchase of plat that puts money in the devs pockets, and it's plat trading that puts plat, and hard to get mods and parts, in the virtual pockets of players. I for one welcome plat trading. It's helped me get some mods and parts that I'd been unable to get through RNG.

You said trading doesn't generate ANY revenue which is completely false. It's another avenue by which players can acquire gear that they don't feel like grinding for, which therefore influences additional plat purchases. Don't argue a point that I didn't even make.

Edited by JuicyPop