Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please For The Love Of God...

Zepidel

Include some kind of port forwarding / networking / region select tutorial. Or better yet some dedicated servers. Im getting real tired of having to play on pablos 32 kbps connection... playing a slide show is not real fun.

Other than that the game run AMAZINGLY smoothed/polished, it would be a shame to not have dedicated servers or some kind of host bandwith check (wont let you host a game if your bandwith is crappy or somthing like that?)

Edited by Zepidel

Dedicated servers will probably come after Beta is out.

There is neither proof, nor statement, nor any statements for this. As of now, assuming that there will be no Dedicated Servers is the better bet. Please don't make pointless assumptions about such all encompassing aspects.

They might not have the experience or the funds for it. Netcode is hard.

Funds? That i can understand.

Netcode? We're talking about Digital Extremes here.

You know, the dev studio that co-developed every Unreal game along with Epic until Unreal Tournament 3(and UT3 was a horrible, horrible mess because Digital Extremes didn't work on it).

They also worked on the multiplayer components of Bioshock 2, Homefront etc.

If anything, i'd say Digital Extremes is perfectly capable of producing a game with a solid netcode.

Most of my matches are fine, but you do occasionally get heavy lag since this game is peer to peer.

Still, barring extreme cases where the host has an atrocious connection, everything works pretty much perfect.

If anything, Digital Extremes should just make a host filter for the game.

An example would be an option to warn players before connecting to a host with an unsuitable connection.

Edited by Yurilica

There is neither proof, nor statement, nor any statements for this. As of now, assuming that there will be no Dedicated Servers is the better bet. Please don't make pointless assumptions about such all encompassing aspects.

Did DE not comment in their Q&A livestream that dedicated servers are a plan for the future?

Best thing to do :

Let the game decide the Host of the match. Who ever has the least ping towards all other players should be automatically selected as HOST !

How about that ?

That sounds like a good idea at first,but you also have to take computer performance into account. Personally, I have a good 2Mb connection, but because my computer is older, my game slows to a crawl when I have to host.

Did DE not comment in their Q&A livestream that dedicated servers are a plan for the future?

I may be taught something new here. My last knowledge state is from ~3 weeks ago, when I had a chat with DE staff at their headquarters, where the associated expenses for dedicated servers blew right through their budget and are financially impossible as of that time. If people decide to stuff the game with money, this may obviously change.