The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Heartbleed Bug

DecapitatingJim

I'm too dumb to understand this.

How scared should I be?

Every website that uses OpenSSL as a form of encryption (Which is pretty much every website in existence) is considered compromised. 

Including Bank accounts. 

Most sites have been able to patch it out, but yeah.

Not massively scared but do be a little cautious. 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Every website that uses OpenSSL as a form of encryption (Which is pretty much every website in existence) is considered compromised. 

Including Bank accounts. 

Most sites have been able to patch it out, but yeah.

Not massively scared but do be a little cautious.

Basically, change your passwords (when you're sure the site has patched it out, that is) and keep an eye on your bank/credit card statements for weird charges.

Sure. When she will read it. Or maybe DE will post something here.

Appreciate it. If DE do make a statement, stick a link in here would ya? I might not notice it since I don't browse too much on the forums. 

Basically, change your passwords (when you're sure the site has patched it out, that is) and keep an eye on your bank/credit card statements for weird charges.

I know Tumblr is working on it. Valve have patched it out. Not sure about other sites. 

A new version of OpenSSL has been released that removes the exploit, but no idea how many sites have used it so far. 

I would consider it a problem only if you logged in/used their services in the timeframe between the exploit being made public and being patched. And changing your password while the vulnerability is there won't help anything. 

Yeah, still it's nice to play safe. So be as well changing once it's been patched out of wherever. 

My secured work PC is saying the Warframe.com security cert is expired... Is that part of this thing?

It's likely that DE is getting new certs along with updating OpenSSL.

EDIT: Redtext just popped up. They're patching it right now.

Edited by blackgu4rd