Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solar Rail...a Grand Trek!

yuio678

So as everyone is mega hyped about the upcoming update including the Solar Rails and the Dark Sectors, I couldn't help but wonder something after watching the Dark Sectors video posted earlier by DE.

If there is a dedicated open shutter option to gaze upon your Solar Rail that's being built, could we somehow in the future be able to explore the actual Rail as a level in itself?

I could imagine that most likely any Solar Rail conflict on a Dark Sector node would temporarily just use the local tile sets of whatever planet/region its on. But what I would like to see is that if 2 clans are opposing each other over a node, the actual mission to take down or defend a "tower???" would take place on a tile set that is literally the insides or outside of the Solar Rail. This could provide a more immersive experience in terms of expressing in real time how a clan's rail is damaged in a conflict. 

I may be totally wrong, but I just can't help imagining how ridiculously awe inspiring and grand if not only you are able to observe the Solar Rail from afar in your dojos, but you actually get an opportunity to check this place out in person! ^_^

tl:dr I hope we could explore the Solar Rails themselves as actual levels someday

Edited by yuio678

So as everyone is mega hyped about the upcoming update including the Solar Rails and the Dark Sectors, I couldn't help but wonder something after watching the Dark Sectors video posted earlier by DE.

If there is a dedicated open shutter option to gaze upon you Solar Rail that's being built, could we somehow in the future be able to explore the actual Rail as a level in itself?

I could imagine that most likely any Solar Rail conflict on a Dark Sector node would temporarily just use the local tile sets of whatever planet/region its on. But I what I would like to see is that if 2 clans are opposing each other over a node, the actual mission to take down or defend a "tower???" would take place on a tile set that is literally the insides or outside of the Solar Rail. This could provide a more immersive experience in terms of expressing in real time how a clan's rail is damaged in a conflict. 

I may be totally wrong, but I just can't help imagining how ridiculously awe inspiring and grand if not only you are able to observe the Solar Rail from afar in your dojos, but you actually get an opportunity to check this place out in person! ^_^

Maybe get some hover bikes to go from end to end really quickly? :D

I am dissapointed by the lack of Star-Trek comments this topic could have easily set up.

But for sure, i would like to derp around on the solar rail itself one day. Just for derp's sake. Not really sure what point there would be, other than to look at cool stuff.