Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Star Map Reset. Bad.

LocasMaxis

Okay, so first when harvester came out the grineer rained supreme. G3 was supposed to balance that out, but it just sent the problem in the other direction. The corpus now dominate the star chart. This needs to be fixed. Now that both have been out for a while I think its time for a restart. Hopefully it won't get this bad again. So please DE, Reset the map. It should stay balanced now that its equal rewards for either side.

This "balance" issue will never end as long as DE keeps releasing faction specific items at different times.

If DE wants to do this in the future, release two items at the same time, one for each faction.  This would keep the play field relatively balanced.

Okay, so first when harvester came out the grineer rained supreme. G3 was supposed to balance that out, but it just sent the problem in the other direction. The corpus now dominate the star chart. This needs to be fixed. Now that both have been out for a while I think its time for a restart. Hopefully it won't get this bad again. So please DE, Reset the map. It should stay balanced now that its equal rewards for either side.

1345119300816.gif

Was finishing up Solar Map with someone a couple nights ago.

Of the last 30 nodes we done only 2 were Grineer... Was very disappoint. 

Seriously I counted it.

Trouble with reset is not many people worried about Detron only Brakk...

This combined with silly RNG loot chances is what put us in this predicament.

I think a few things have been said that, added up, might solve some of the issue;

Invasion nodes should be reset every major update.

I agree with zerogear5 here, a reset every so often, every few months with major updates in this case, could solve a lot of the problems and bring back balance whenever something destabilizes it too much. Further, by making this a regular thing, people will not be too upset when it happens.

I say that when one side offers a Reactor, the other should offer a Catalyst. When one offers an Orokin Cell, the other offers Neural Sensors, etc.

Always equal payment.

I suggested this elsewhere, but I would say when a Reactor is offered, the other side could be a Catalyst or Forma. Yes Forma are slightly less wanted, but so are Reactors to Catalysts so it would stay relatively equal. When both sides offer credits it is insulting when the rewards are different because...why go to the person who is offering less. Credits v Orokin Cell makes more sense, as some people need credits others need Orokin Cells, that is more of an incomparable (mostly new people need credits and veterans need Orokin Cells, so it sort of balances).

My final thought is that the faction that currently has less nodes should increase the rewards presented, to help them while they are losing. This would help keep it balanced, as long as rewards and number of nodes are scaled right.

I'd be fine with it. 
So many planets are jumbled messes and have mostly swapped sides. It just looks chaotic.
It wouldn't be so bad if there was the occasional grineer-blockade mission inside Corpus territory, or the occasional raid on a Corpus outlet mall in grineer territory(Cause hey, who doesn't need a convenient source of explosives in their section of the solar system?), but the way it is now is just too ridiculous.

Edited by LukeAura