Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Prime And Grinlok Build?

Twilight5007

Question

I just got my Latron prime up to lvl 30, and have my Grinlok building, and I was wondering what mods I should use if I don't have access to the event status mods? I'm currently just using a crit build because that's all I really have at the moment, but the crit chance on both weapons doesn't seem that great.

5 answers to this question

Go point strike, vital sense and hammershot, serration and split chamber, combined elemental of your choice and bane mod on latron. For the grinlok, go with the same, just no crit mods. Try to find some mods to fill the gaps like wildfire or even zoom mod.

i'd always go for Crits on both, but that's my style, not necessarily yours.

you'll definitely want to squeek in Hammershot somewhere since you don't have Status Elementals to work with, as their Status Chances are pretty high. (even if you don't use the other Crit Mods, make space for Hammershot)

and as always, Elementals or Utilities of your choice.

Crits on the latron prime and grinlok can still be useful. With these accurate, semi-auto (and dispite the tenno working the lever action, the grinlok performs as semi-auto to the player)  guns, you should be aiming for enemy weakpoints anyway. The crit chance on either is only 37.5% with a maxed point strike, but that's still higher than lots of other weapons, and weak point crits do huge damage.

I won't ever claim to be some kind of build genius (snark about how the one I've shared is awful in 3, 2...) , but this how I have my latron set up. There might be higher DPS or more efficient builds, but I wanted to keep the ability to switch out three elements, two elements and a bane, or two elements and hammershot for the sake of variety and faction specific damage. It's a prime, so I'm not going to sell it, so what's a little forma one way or the other? Shred makes it tear through enemies at choke points especially when firing at head level. Some will want to switch out shred for heavy caliber and more damage, which also fits.

http://goo.gl/dWbLdk

You could do a similar build on the grinlok, for only one forma at the cost of removing point strike and vital sense, but I like punch through crits. Since I already had the latron set up, I decided to do status on my grinlok (but that unfortunately uses the event mods, though I'll throw it out here anyway: http://goo.gl/mBfhHf )

Thanks for the advice so far everyone. The reason i was looking into status builds is that I already run crit on my favorite weapon Vectis, and have a dread. Is it still possible to do a decent status build without Malignant force and High voltage?

Unfortunately, the normal status mod isn't very good. For 9 points, it's only +15% of your base status chance. Hammer shot is just better, giving almost three times the bonus for the same point cost (though with an unfortunate polarity.) If you're going to put on hammer shot, you might as well up your crit chance with point strike too and do hybrid crit/status. The event mods are the best status boosters you can get.

I think status builds are mostly for fun anyway which is why I did it with the grinlok and not the latron, in addition to the grinlok's higher base status chance. The grinlok is unlikely to be what you really want in high level void survivals and the like, so I built it for fun instead. Someone I play with regularly uses a status build tysis that procs multiple statuses per shot fairly regularly (and shows up in the arsenal as "NAN" % status) for the same reasons.