Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Talking About Rng, Not Removing It, Just Improving It.

ikitclaw

I have played warframe for a long time, I've seen the best of it and the worst, but the one thing that almost everyone I asked hated was the RNG involved with a hefty chunk of the game. As a result I decided to think about how DE could improve it, one thing that came to mind was something dota 2 does which is progressive RNG. (please tell me if I got the name it wrong) This type of RNG is random but it works by improving the chances of obtaining the item you didnt get, an example would be if your farming a frame, you get the chassis, next run you get chassis again, at this point the game would improve the drop chances of the systems and helmet. this would continue for the next piece obtained: you get systems so the game improves the chance of the helmet again. 

this type of RNG would eliminate most of the rage that warframe gets. but I can see it now, people saying "but DE need to get payed" and I agree with them they do, so they could make the chance increase not a huge amount.

Thank you for telling me the real name which is Psuedo RNG.

Edited by ikitclaw

I'm pretty sure I've seen this suggested before on here. But I don't mind the idea, seems like it could alleviate some of the problems RNG has. People would still complain that they're not getting things in the first few rounds but that'll always happen. 

The progressive RNG you speak of is called Psuedo-RNG. Each time you do not get it, the chance of getting it increases. Eventually, you reach 100% which makes it an guaranteed get.

I have suggested it before as well and I am surprised DE hasn't responded to it. It would mean less whine about grind and farm.

Another way to improve RNG would be to remove all the warframe and sentinel ability mods from the drop tables and add them in their own little tab in market and sell them cheap for credit. 2-3 spaces gone for each drop table of every enemy in the game, making it less frustrating for players as getting better mods is now easier. But like before, DE doesn't respond well and it feels like they ignore constructive feedback like this.

Edited by se05239

This is a very good Idea! I think RNG is a big problem for the game. When you start it dosen't matter. Later on when you have the most of the things you need (and many more that you don't need) it gets so boring to grind for the one thing that you desire. You spend hour after hour just to get nothing... And thats is so frustrating. Thats why I don't play that much anymore.

I think the main reason for RNG is that DE think thats the way how to get money. But for me it dosen't work. I won't spend any money for a game that frustrated me in that way (and I regret the money that I already spend).

Wareframe is a grinding game, but if grinding is no fun, warframe is losing.

Probably it needs more people to complain abaut RNG so that DE will get the point. The danger is that they didn't get it and warframe will die in year, when all the new players get frustated by RNG and nobody will spend just a dollar for a frustrating game, no matter how cool the rest of it is.

I was thinking about DE's logic behind the current RNG and why they would make it this way, was it more money? most likely, problem is they don't understand psychology and that continuously failing to obtain something doesn't encourage the player to buy platinum but instead discourages them from further playing the game entirely. the real factor in encouring players to spend money is time. an example: you just realised that you have to wait 3 days for that research and even then you must wait another day before using that weapon, well theres always buying it straight from the market and it comes with a slot and potatoed. If DE realises their flaw and replaces the current RNG with pseudo-RNG then so many member of the community will be extremely happy.

Edited by ikitclaw