Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think It's About Time... (Obtaining Key Mods)

Bakim0n0

Considering the way stance mods work, the way the mod tables are and the continued dilution of the mod pools I think it's time we talk about a few quality of life solutions to obtaining key mods; especially for new players or those with more limited schedules.

I've been thinking about it for some time, and so far the best two ideas I've come up with are:

1.) Specific drops for first time clears.

This could be done on either a specific node (i.e. beat Vor for the first time and you get vitality and redirection), done for completing a system or some combination of the two.

and / or

2.) Specific fusion recipes for mods.

This could be done to make getting specific mods more approachable, especially considering each update has added more mods to the pool (and could also give a bit more use to "useless" mods)

Any thoughts / ideas?

Please note; I mean this moreso for vital mods rather than special rare mods like event / nightmare or void stuff.

Edited by Bakim0n0

fusion recipes would be a great addition, but seeing as transmutation is expensive as hell right now, i don't even wanna see the pricelist...

one-time-unlocks, however, would make a great starting-point, the same as the 25k creds you get after finishing mercury the first time

goals could be set for first kills on bosses, first time finishing t1/2/3 void missions (first time finishing a dark sector? can't say much about that since we dont know the difficulty there yet)

another idea would be to tie certain achievements with rewards, at least that way those would be good for something other than showing off

1.Quests are already going to be coming that give some important mods to players as a reward.

2. This isn't necessary because of the above. Assuming you're talking about recipes for only some mods. Recipes for everything would just break the system.

fusion recipes would be a great addition, but seeing as transmutation is expensive as hell right now, i don't even wanna see the pricelist...

one-time-unlocks, however, would make a great starting-point, the same as the 25k creds you get after finishing mercury the first time

goals could be set for first kills on bosses, first time finishing t1/2/3 void missions (first time finishing a dark sector? can't say much about that since we dont know the difficulty there yet)

another idea would be to tie certain achievements with rewards, at least that way those would be good for something other than showing off

Oh snap! I just had a new idea based on what you said; what if you got a stance mod after x amount of kills with the weapon? Like basic stance mod for hitting level 30 with the weapon and then the rare one after a certain amount of kills with it. As for the credit cost... once you really get going credits become largely irrelevant.

1.Quests are already going to be coming that give some important mods to players as a reward.

2. This isn't necessary because of the above. Assuming you're talking about recipes for only some mods. Recipes for everything would just break the system.

I hadn't heard about the quests, so there's that

And yes, I am certianly talking about specific mods, moreso stance and core mods like hp / shield / damage / multishot etc and the more basic counterparts not the special ones (i.e. split chamber not lethal torrent, vitality not vigor etc)

At the very least, I would like to see the drop rates for even a few of common stances increased. There are still players out there grinding for hours on end, days in, day out, and don't have a single stance. Seems strange to me that a gameplay mechanic is locked behind an RNG wall.

I've found a few, and one of my clanmates seems to have amazing luck in Lares, but I can imagine how frustrated the players that the RNG gods haven't smiled upon must be.

Edited by MisterUltimate

I farmed basically all day yesterday... I like the hate, the whips, any twin swords, daggers, single swords and the new katana.

I got a dagger stance via transmute (that is horrible, it actually effectively halfs the damage output) and that's it.

At least a solid 8 hours of hardcore, not fun farming just to experience having my weapon swing a little differently and nada. That's a pretty big problem (as is stances actually reducing the effectiveness of a weapon)

Certain Mods should be a CHOICE, not a REQUIREMENT.

But Serration, Hornet Strike, Point Blank, and Pressure Point are all REQUIRED mods.

Don't have them? You are going to vastly underperform.

IMO, cut the mod's benefit by half and give all weapons the same % of damage boost.

Example: Serration, cut that by 85% (the mod gives 165%) and add 85% to every Rifle in the game.

That way, Serration, et. al. are still useful mods, but you could actually perform OK without them too.

Edited by Xylia

Example: Serration, cut that by 85% (the mod gives 165%) and add 85% to every Rifle in the game.

Or they finally do what they were supposed to do make it add 20-40% without changing base and then balance around.

Sure numbers wont be as high as they are now but ppl will get used to them and balance and new player experience will surely gain from it.