Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Health Orbs, Reviving And Health As A Stat

BlueSpark

Hiya everyone,

I know this has been touched on in other threads, but I think it warrants one on its own. Very quickly after starting the game, I decided to use the Vitality mod I found and pump it up using Fusion Cores. Extra health is great for adding some short-term survivability to your warframe. However, it quickly loses its appeal once you take some heavy damage during a firefight and are unable to bring your health back up. If you start a mission with a life total of 450, the measly 25 points regenerated by orbs seem quite laughable. On the other hand, you can be revived in ~5 once you're downed and stand back up with 100% health.

I feel there's a major imbalance right there. As it stands, I often let myself get killed voluntarily just so a teammate can effectively heal me back up to full. I believe health orbs should not just replenish a flat 25 health, but instead scale with your maximum life. Perhaps make it 25% of max health; perhaps make it 25 base + 5 per level of vitality equipped. Just something that makes it actually viable to use orbs as a source of regeneration.

On the flip side, reviving shouldn't fully refill health. I'd say standing back up with 25% or 50% health would be way more reasonable and remove the incentive to commit suicide as a means to heal up (which is pretty ironical in and of itself).

One quick note on the side: I've seen suggestions on these forums to have enemies drop health globes as random loot, just like energy globes. I agree that this would help matters; however, in conjunction with the health orb buff proposed above, it might actually be too much. Either way, anything that makes orbs more worthwile to pick up is fine by me.

Edited by BlueSpark

Personally I think the way that health orbs are right now is fine.

If they make them better then there will be less reasons for people to use Trinity, the Rejuvination Artefact and the many different health packs you can get.

The last of those being the easiest thing to aquire, spend a few credits load up on team heals or self heals if running solo (or if you're just greedy) and you shouldn't have an issue.

I will however agree that when revived you shouldn't start at full health, I think 50% HP and 0% Shields.

Edit: If they did change how the health orbs worked, then they would need to make those other healing things better IMO to keep them on par with the way they are now.

Edited by Deathstrik3

If they make them better then there will be less reasons for people to use Trinity, the Rejuvination Artefact and the many different health packs you can get.

The last of those being the easiest thing to aquire, spend a few credits load up on team heals or self heals if running solo (or if you're just greedy) and you shouldn't have an issue.

I will however agree that when revived you shouldn't start at full health, I think 50% HP and 0% Shields.

this seems like a nice idea but you should also be invulnrable for like 2-3 seconds or you will be downed again easily.

Are you constantly running into groups and get beaten to death? If so, I can understand your reasoning, but then you are not really paying attention to what you should be doing most of the time (which is shooting stuff, from a distance). Sure, melee is a viable tactic, but it is only really feasible early on or with both Vitality and Redirection mods.

There is nothing wrong with the amount health orbs heal, it's probably your playstyle or the groups you play with. Even with 400+ health and standard shields you should not be dying THAT much, even in multi.

There is nothing wrong with the amount health orbs heal, it's probably your playstyle or the groups you play with. Even with 400+ health and standard shields you should not be dying THAT much, even in multi.

This, my friends and I play Eris endless defense missions against infested most of the time going up to wave 25 normally which spawns enemies around level 80 and whilst doing those missions I have used some of my lowest level frames with no health mods and I go down maybe 4 times at most because I get caught off guard by a toxic and the poison drops me.

Edited by Deathstrik3

Edit: If they did change how the health orbs worked, then they would need to make those other healing things better IMO to keep them on par with the way they are now.

To be honest, the health packs are kinda pathetic, too. The most one heals is 100, which is not that much considering how high our health can get. It'd take 4-6 of those to fully heal one's self.

Edited by Braken

To be honest, the health packs are kinda pathetic, too. The most one heals is 100, which is not that much considering how high our health can get. It'd take 4-6 of those to fully heal one's self.

But then you can also take the Rejuvination artefact or have a trinity with you to make up the difference.

If you are hemorrhaging so much health every mission that the health orbs plus health packs and the regen artefact can't keep you close to full hp then the issue is with your play style.

On a side note I actually enjoy when I mess up and have to go through the rest of a level with 30 or so HP, it actually makes it challenging.

1. You're not supposed to rely on red orbs as a source of health regeneration.

2. You're supposed to be avoiding damage to your health as much as possible and using red orbs to patch yourself back up as much as possible for the next firefight.

3. In my opinion bringing up a teammate from downed status should confer at most 50 health and grant more xp for the resurrector, a full heal is just rewarding failure too much.

Are you constantly running into groups and get beaten to death? If so, I can understand your reasoning, but then you are not really paying attention to what you should be doing most of the time (which is shooting stuff, from a distance). Sure, melee is a viable tactic, but it is only really feasible early on or with both Vitality and Redirection mods.

I hardly ever use melee. My main weapon is the STRUN. Kinda hard to hit things from a distance with that.

Also, I never said I die too much.

I'm sorry, but the "use a regeneration artifact or Trinity" advice is kind of moot when the artifact takes a whole lot of luck and/or time to acquire, and I can't just pull a Trinity teammate out of my hat. Requiring me to rely on circumstancial or hard-to-acquire means to get my health back up just seems kind of wrong to me. Although I do agree with the point of keeping the Health Restore items viable.

My Saryn has 1110 health. I never manage to fill it up. Once you get to high health numbers, health orbs become a joke.