Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Please Make Executions Actually... Execute?

Triburos

Put a maxed parry on your weapon.

Have a 96% chance to insta-kill.

Yeah, not insta kill but be actually worth the time and effort to pull it off.

As I said, that shouldn't be a mod to begin with. Plus, I don't recall Parry having a chance to insta kill. It just has a chance to auto parry.

Besides, considering what the parry execution requires, what with energy, lucky, and so on, it's insulting for you to have to put on a mod just to do something a mechanic should be capable of doing from the start.

Besides; why should I put on a mod like that just to sit and wait for a mob to actually melee ME rather than my sentinel, wait for the stagger chance, use energy in the process, then FINALLY pull off the parry... When I could just roll pure damage and kill them quicker that way? More efficent and less risky.

The FIRST step to fixing executions is making them deal insta kills by default. The second and third is fixing the parry hitbox to guard sentinels, as well as making staggers happen 100% of the time whilst channeling. This would make parry executions actually viable against high level heavy units, as well as put them on par with guns against said unit.

That's like making you equip a mod to make Stealth KILLS - a mechanic with kill in it's name - actually kill for once. It's not worth the mod slot. It's insulting to make it a mod.

Edited by Triburos

If you're running through a mission that requires stealth (future revamped missions?), stealth attacks NEED to kill enemies in one hit. Otherwise they make noise and run around and sound the alarm and whatnot.

Edited by Nyxem

Isn't there a mod for this? +60% finisher damage looks like. if you're using a weapon that is fast small hits rather than high damage per hit then too bad I guess? they can't give you multiple executions per knockdown or I'll find a way to break the game with it for sure.

Yer mistaken Finishers for Executions.

Finishers are preformed on enemies knocked down.

Executions are preformed after a successful stagger upon channel parrying.

Edited by Triburos