The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Are Impossible For Ghost Clans To Claim!

Cangtaro

Just want to throw in this:

Saying "eclipse is bad for owning too damn many rails" kinda doesnt reflect on the fact that we (yes i'm from a clan that is part of that alliance) actually have to work for that achievement. The Rails arent unwinnable by default. It simply comes down to who can do more runs during the battle period, and guess what, doing runs over and over again to hold our rails is actually as time consuming as you guys farming for the stuff to build the challenging rails.

But the issue is that once you and your alliance has it, it takes extraordinary means to get it away from you; Usually more people. Sure, you worked for it, but now you can both hold it down yourself with more bodies, AND pay the greedy corps. to win it over for you. And that is kinda the issue, since simply owning a Rail with some credit taxes on it pretty much means you have an endless supply of credits with which to 'buy' more victories with the rails.

Even if every single member of a Clan or smaller alliance ran the invasion missions against you, and put in as much or more effort than your clan, it wouldn't make a difference; You would win simply by having more bodies, even without trying. Why? More bodies means more runs; More runs mean more HP taken off the Rail; More HP taken off the rail = win. And it won't be long before we see an even bigger alliance, with more cash, more bodies come in and kill Eclipse's hold on the Rail....And then just take their place as the big bad-- And yes, Eclipse is setting itself up as a big bad by taking so many Rails.

All in all, the issue isn't whether you tried or not; that's irrelevant....Because of how the system is set up, victory isn't 'trying', victory is 'who has more people on the payroll?'

wait.... I think you just described how to play the game...

lol who were you mad at?

....Yes, and that's the problem <w<;

It's the problem we've been having since they introduced Invasions, except now it as an even bigger problem than before; I mean, nearly losing a faction in the game is one thing...Having one Organization owning all the player controlled and taxed nodes is another.

Again, this is a problem we've seen in MMORPGs where one clan or some such gets there claws into one or two cash cows and then snowballs infinitely until the whole system crashes due to the bubble bursting, or the company stepping in and actually fixing the problem. As it stands, if one side of this conflict gets so big that you can't win against them no matter what you do, what's stopping them from raising the taxes up to 100%? Basic situation with a Monopoly; No real or effectual competition leads to a break down in progression and reasonablilty.

I'm 'mad' at DE for creating yet another sinkhole system that has on't one conclusion, that severely fuks over the player base. This isn't even a case of 'will it happen?'; It's been proven in other games it will happen, it's a matter of when. And hell, we've seen it in this game with Invasions, because the player base is like 'Oh, loyalty? Naw, I'm gonna go where the loot is, even if it screws me over in the long run.' We need a way for a smaller organization to beat a larger one, which there is no viable option currently.

And hell, we've seen it in this game with Invasions, because the player base is like 'Oh, loyalty? Naw, I'm gonna go where the loot is, even if it screws me over in the long run.' We need a way for a smaller organization to beat a larger one, which there is no viable option currently.

Sounds to me like its a player base problem, not a DE problem. So your mad at the player base for being selfish and acting upon their instant gratification desires?

I feel like im introducing you to the internet for the first time lol

• 2 weeks later...

we really need a big change to balance this system out. I think they should just stop adding in weapons, cosmetics, frames or new systems and just have a really good look at the issues that are making this game unbalanced.

Edited by MindlesMagician

Sounds to me like its a player base problem, not a DE problem. So your mad at the player base for being selfish and acting upon their instant gratification desires?

I feel like im introducing you to the internet for the first time lol

No, it is; You should be introducing DE to the internet. I'm mad at DE for having their head up their asses and not realizing common sense things like this. Of course the majority of players aren't going to think things through, and just want stuff NOW NOW NOW; It's the internet, the majority of it is teenage brats who have no intelligence or higher decision making skills. DE should know that after how many years of being in business? They failed to plan ahead, and it's biting us in the &amp;#&#33;.