Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling Dmg,mods

GhostWOlf995

Question

3 answers to this question

My explanation is here, but it won't directly answer your question because it is difficult to say.

At heart, the answer is probably Fire usually but it really depends on a lot of things.

See, when you add fire, that depends on the mob y'know, if adding fire is going to change that into a combo element, it might make a difference as well.

Are you going to ALWAYS use channeling? If not, that's something to consider. You might get better results from a maxed Smite Grineer/Infested/Corpus.(in addition to fire)

There's a lot of theory crap and honestly you'll find the answer faster if you go somewhere like Pluto-Archeron (go solo so you can pause), find a common enemy like Elite Lancer.

Hit him ONCE  with 120% channeling make note of that number. Abort

Go in with 90% fire, channel and hit the same enemy type, preferably the same level. Make note of the number.

Which number is bigger? There's your answer in less than 5 minutes.

I'll tell you based on my tests there yesterday using 75% fire vs 100% channeling, fire wins, but it is relatively close. I imagine 90% fire vs 120% channeling won't change that relationship much, at best channeling might come out ahead slightly at the cost of doing no additional damage if you have to use normal swings..